Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-10-2014, 07:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default AngerForce - Strikers (by Screambox)

Old 04-10-2014, 08:09 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

They have a gameplay video on their website. http://www.screambox.net/

Here's a direct link to the video file: http://www.weebly.com/uploads/2/7/5/...4_720p_679.mp4
Old 04-10-2014, 08:10 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow this looks fantastic. There hasn't been a nice quality shmup on the app store in some time now.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:39 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Wow this looks fantastic. There hasn't been a nice quality shmup on the app store in some time now.
You said it - quality.

I bought about five or six shmups this year, mediocre the best. So i feel a bit burnt. Suspicious here in the features: Two weeks total 12 stages. Feels like there are six levels plus a 'next six levels coming soon' thing going on ?!

I dare to ask if someone already took the plunge and hopefully didn't get drowned ?

Edit: oh hack, downloading...until today i only bought four games in four weeks, so what's another three bucks, right?
Back soon with some infos...

Last edited by Qwertz555; 04-10-2014 at 09:06 AM..
Old 04-10-2014, 09:53 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Waiting on imps on relative touch controls.

That app icon doesnt suggest a shmup at all though.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:15 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Ok the real good things first. Relative controls work absolutely fine ! This and the art work alone would get a recommendation. So if three bucks don't hurt you, support the Devs.

About the six stages...my guess was right. Due to Gamecenter we only have six, at the moment. Very, very curious about the other six coming, because i don't see them in the menu "coming soon". Maybe they meant twelve together with the Arcade and Expert mode ? Or how do you understand their description, EP ? While the music is pretty good, the sfx sounds of your hero, firing your laser shots, is not there. Feels a bit lost and empty. Destroying and crushing the foes is ok. Hmm...still recommended to fill your itch, it's definitely the most polished shmup this year (or did i miss one ?).

Ah yeah, three beautifuly drawn characters to unlock via iap ($4/2/1) and some money bags to buy. So far not needed. No doubler it seems, but not sure because it always says searching when i want to load the iap screen.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:18 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-10-2014, 07:38 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
Ok the real good things first. Relative controls work absolutely fine ! This and the art work alone would get a recommendation. So if three bucks don't hurt you, support the Devs.

About the six stages...my guess was right. Due to Gamecenter we only have six, at the moment. Very, very curious about the other six coming, because i don't see them in the menu "coming soon". Maybe they meant twelve together with the Arcade and Expert mode ? Or how do you understand their description, EP ? While the music is pretty good, the sfx sounds of your hero, firing your laser shots, is not there. Feels a bit lost and empty. Destroying and crushing the foes is ok. Hmm...still recommended to fill your itch, it's definitely the most polished shmup this year (or did i miss one ?).

Ah yeah, three beautifuly drawn characters to unlock via iap ($4/2/1) and some money bags to buy. So far not needed. No doubler it seems, but not sure because it always says searching when i want to load the iap screen.

Rtype2
Old 04-11-2014, 07:15 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Rtype2
Right, thanks void. Beautiful and difficult as hell.
Was a day one buy and i even beat it, but only in that bugged invisible mode.

I forgot Touch Force. Very interesting and great take on the shmup formula, unfortunatelly very short but very polished nonetheless.

Talking top down/side scroller, the ones i found mediocre were:
Arc War, Super Shmup, Lego Star Wars, Galaxy Conquerors, Revolution Ace and (still rofl about that name, free) King of Shmup.

Hey it's april, good chance to see a beauty coming.

And this one starts growing on me, i really do like it.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:35 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post

Right on. Thanks for the impressions and everything. I'll probably wind up picking this up. You guys are definitely right. There's been a real lack of polished shmups this year (thankfully, there's been a few updates that brought back a couple older titles - Phoenix, Blazing Star, Deathsmiles...), and I'm kinda itchin for one. =o)