Need to fix search on website or I'm just confused

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Gamer1st, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    #1 Gamer1st, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    I can do a search on the app and find almost any game I'm looking for very quickly and then either buy it or mark it to watch.

This does not seem to work at all as well on the website. Most searches either bring back nothing or just articles where the game is mentioned.

I guess the search isn't even as big of a deal for me as having the ability to mark any game mentioned in the forums as a game I want to watch without dragging my iPad out every time.

Or am I doing something wrong?

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    On the yellow toolbar with search in upper right, make sure you click "Forums" first to pull up a search on the forum and not the webpage (if you start searching from the front page, it'll only pull up front page articles). There's a minor formatting problem where selecting Forums in the toolbar overlaps and cuts off the first part of the search (in Firefox, at least). I use the "Search" option in the gray toolbar that you have to click to bring up a drag down menu.

The forum search engine has some limitations; when I'm looking for a specific game if forum search fails, search Google for "[App Name], Touch Arcade."

I've only ever used the web browser edition of Touch Arcade and never had many difficulties with search function.