Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-11-2014, 03:03 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Cards and Castles (by Bit Mass LLC)

Old 04-11-2014, 03:07 AM

Interesting......
Old 04-11-2014, 05:23 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

I have been playing it on Android for a few days and it deserves some attention.

There are not a lot of cards to play at the moment, but an expension is already planed. The existing ones give some room for strategy. There is no solo campaign, but you can play against the computer, for no reward though.

You gain what they call Card Points by playing asynchronous fights against other players. Those points give access to a small 6-cards booster.

I'm loving it for now and I hope more players will be available for online fights. I don't know if Android players can encounter iOS ones, but that would be great.

A ranking system is planed too.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:56 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadkinsPVP View Post
Not as good as I thought.. Was having a bit of fun till I realized every time a match is over you get 100 coins, which is awesome.. But not awesome. Was tryna figure out why people kept surrendering randomly at the start when they clearly had a better draw then me.. Then realized you can just keep surrendering to farm money. Since there is no win-loss record nor a ranking system it basically makes the game broken. I can surrender 20x in a row and have a better deck then anyone I play for the next week..
Hi, so I'm the creator of Cards and Castles and I was very concerned when I read this post. We considered this to be a potential issue before launch and implemented several safeguards against lame point-farming which I'm gathering are not working well enough? Our safeguards attempt to detect whether a game is "for real" based on certain metrics like time played, turns taken etc that I won't reveal here, so I'm very concerned if people are surrender-farming anyway.

We have the capability to hotfix this immediately from the server side and I plan to review it over the next few days after our showing at PAX. Would you or anyone be interested enough to chime in with more info? It would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:57 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewi View Post
I'm loving it for now and I hope more players will be available for online fights. I don't know if Android players can encounter iOS ones, but that would be great.
Since I'm here I'll answer this quick, yep the android and ios all run on the same servers.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:50 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Following up on this, this evening we discovered a bug that was preventing our safeguards on the defeat bonus from working. It should now be much more difficult to effectively farm defeat points.

We are still going to review currency acquisition and possibly remove defeat points entirely in the near future.

Thank you very much for the report!
Old 04-14-2014, 02:59 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Hi,

Maybe you should not award points to people surrendering or letting timeout happen.

And about gathering a "perfect" deck by surrendering, I don't think it is really a viable option as it would take a lot of time and effort.

I'm still loving the game and waiting for more cards to appear. I would like more boosters to be available. The one with 6 cards for 500 card points is nice, but maybe some others with more or less cards for different prices ?

One question : can you get legendary cards with the card points booster ? If no, you should consider adding a booster available with card points that lets a chance to get a legendary.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:55 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

We recently reduced the defeat bonus to 20, the daily bonus to 20 and the victory bonus to 50. We felt the difference between a regular turn and an end of game was too extreme, the way we're thinking about it now is you have a 10x bonus for victory or 4x for defeat so the individual turn points mean more.

We also upgraded the regular boosters, they now give 12 cards and a chance of a double rare. They DO give legendaries as well, but they are very rare (phrasing?) in the normal boosters. No plans to introduce another booster option at this time, but we may consider that in the future.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:52 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I have noticed that you now get 12 cards for 500 card points, that's nice. I'm waiting for ranked games and expansion now
Old 04-18-2014, 07:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Feature request

Is there any plan to add a trading function? I have nearly all the cards so far, and would love to be able to trade my extras to other players for the few that I'm missing.

I know I can trade in them in at 1 card per ingame point and have done so, but trading in 250 cards for 18 is a bit rough.