Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-12-2014, 02:00 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default War with Goblins (by Korat)

Developer's Video:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-18-2014, 05:04 AM

Default Promotial codes

I am happy to give promotional codes for 10 persons interested of War with Goblins, but I have a request for feedback if the game crash on your device?

Last edited by Korat; 04-18-2014 at 06:19 AM..
Old 04-20-2014, 10:45 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

The game is pretty fun, and the pacing makes it feel more like a turn-based strategy with fast turn times. The artwork is fantastic too. The campaign also offers a variety of branching paths, which is nice.

The tutorial could be a lot clearer on some things, like how terrain affects different units. Also, menus and dialogue screens are unresponsive at times (thankfully the unit commands all work fine). Being able to save or retry a mission without restarting the whole campaign would be nice.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:18 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Wow, this looks right up my alley! I would be more than willing to provide feedback if you still have codes available! I've been wanting a game like this for quite some time. I love the chit style art of games like the WWII styled games but I've always wanted so etching similar done wit a fantasy setting. While this is not turned based like most of those games this does look very fun and I'd be very interested in trying it out. I have an iPad 3 with the most current iOS version.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:37 PM

Bool Zero: Great, we sent the code.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:58 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Always happy to help out Ipad 4 64gb wifi.

Looks like a game I used to play on the spectrum not in graphics lol...in mechanics
Old 04-20-2014, 10:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

The tutorial sucks. Sorry, no one way to put it nicely. It serves it's purpose but leaves a lot of questions hanging in the air so I decided to just dive in.

The good: a fun if slow rts. Simple enough but with a layer of strategy involving position and terrain, range of attack and timing using special attack, I guess.

Suggestions:
Needs an option to turn music off or use ones own. The music is okay but grating after a while can get annoying.

Needs. Better tutorial period. Two splash screens with info smattered across it is serviceable but it would be nice to have so etching written and in clear text form answer arising questions, almost
Ike a built in manual or FAQ for the game...

It's unclear as to how terrain is effecting you. I see some times it seems to perhaps affect my archers range if I traverse near trees for example, but the numbers might as well be marshmallows since it all seems hidden away from the player by lack of explaining the mechanics. It's not made clear that you can purchase units, none of the icons at the bottom have any hold over description, etc, etc. just a bit more clarity would be nice...

A toggle for game speed would be nice. While I like that I can adjust my units postions on the fly at a slower pace, I'd like to have the option to speed things up for personal tastes. Perhaps three speed options with the current being the lowest?

Double tapping needs to be addressed in its responsiveness. When the game loads it hangs at one of the development splash screens until you tap. When you start the campaign it is unclear that you can double, or rather as it feels, triple tap to advance past the text box story development screen to start the first skirmish.

Other than that it is a solid game for me. 3.5 bumped up to a 4.0 on e some of the minor oversights mentioned get addressed.

Last edited by Bool Zero; 04-20-2014 at 10:21 PM..
Old 04-21-2014, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defard View Post
Always happy to help out Ipad 4 64gb wifi.

Looks like a game I used to play on the spectrum not in graphics lol...in mechanics
The code sent. Do you remember the title of the game on the Spectrum?
Old 05-09-2014, 02:14 AM

Default Update WWG

The new version of the War with Goblins (1.0.3) is available in App Store.We fixed a crash bug, which occurred on some devices. The game has better performance.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:54 PM

Default War with Goblin LITE

The game is now also available in a Lite version.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warwithgoblinslite/id877002280?mt=8