App description: Welcome to Necromancer Rising a game that was there at the dawn of IOS gaming. The past weeks Necromancer Rising has been upgraded to run on the latest devices. Quite a feat being that this game predates the iPhone 3gs which was the first large step towards 3D gaming on the iPhone.
In this action, RPG, first person experience you will take the role of a priest who has had his family not only murdered but their bodies taken for use by the necromancer. You will adventure through 49 plus levels of the necromancer's realm attempting to destroy him and his countless minions through the use of your spells, Weapons, armor and created items. You will find treasure, materials to create items, and strange creatures. Enjoy this walk through the past that offers a great gameplay experience even today. This game is comparable to system shock, Ultima underworld and other first person adventure RPGs.

Please join me at RyanMitchellGames.Wordpress.com.

Necromancer rising is the predecessor to Mission Europa Action RPG of the year in 2011 according to TouchGen.

strivemind's comments:

Official Trailer:

Official Tutorial:

The original iOS game from the maker of Mission Europa.

Rather than reviving 116 pages of a 3yr old thread, here's a new one for the newly released updated version that works on modern devices. As some older gameplay information is likely still useful, here is the original thread.
04-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Judging by the Filesize this seem to be just a re-release of the Original Game while the first one got removed + Update. Anyone knows why the old App wasn`t just updated?

04-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Judging by the Filesize this seem to be just a re-release of the Original Game while the first one got removed + Update. Anyone knows why the old App wasn`t just updated?
they want money?
04-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansKaosu View Post
they want money?
I usually would agree with you but in this case the Developer has proven in the past that he is focusing more on the relationship with his Customers then making a quick buck so I don`t believe that this would be the reason in the longer run here.
04-12-2014, 04:39 PM
From what I remember, this game was originally developed by Ryan Mitchell for another company that has since disappeared from the AppStore. So Ryan had to acquire the rights back from that company to release the game again with this nice update, easily worth a messily $1.
04-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
From what I remember, this game was originally developed by Ryan Mitchell for another company that has since disappeared from the AppStore. So Ryan had to acquire the rights back from that company to release the game again with this nice update, easily worth a messily $1.
Makes sense. this is not the first time such a thing have happened. just bought it
04-12-2014, 06:38 PM
This is definitely worth $1; it's correct that due to a change in publisher NR had to be re-released as a separate app. The $1 price mediates any concerns I'd have about "double dipping." I played a beta of this NR re-release and it's very smooth with widescreen support and seemingly retina graphics.
04-12-2014, 10:28 PM
no offense here but they really need to find a new 3d artist. this is 2014 already...just imho.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014
04-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
no offense here but they really need to find a new 3d artist. this is 2014 already...just imho.
The Game is from 2009/2010 so no wonder it does look the way it does.
04-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
Did you read the description at all?

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder