iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Twined (by Peter Doyle)

Old 04-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Blek inspired? That's the vibe I'm getting from those screenshots
Old 04-21-2014, 11:29 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

No, not inspired by Blek. The game was inspired by my cat believe it or not. She has a toy that is pretty much a string on a stick and I noticed how hard it was to get it to loop and coil the way I wanted to. I thought it could be a fun game mechanic for an avoider style game so I made a small prototype.

It was pretty fun to make and it is my first game so its cool to see the response without doing any kind of marketing.

Update:

I have created a trailer for this game.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by trasheater; 04-26-2014 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: Adding trailer
Old 04-21-2014, 12:32 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Is the gameplay similar to blek? It's a but unclear as to what it is that needs to be done to complete the puzzles from the screen shots, do you make the image symmetrical? Or are you to hit all the dots with your line? I'll most likely pick it up as it looks like the minimal stuff I enjoy at the moment.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Is there a trailer or gameplay footage anywhere? I'm not really grasping how the game works from the screenshots, probably why I overlooked it as a "Blek-like"
Old 04-21-2014, 01:51 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Hmmmm. Looks very blek like. I'm not sure if this is a clone or anything but I bet we will start seeing them and they will be free to play. Blek got pretty high on the paid charts and I bet someone will rip it off like they did to threes.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:57 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I'll toftt. Buying now.

Just uploading quick vid to youtube now. It's my first ever vid and filmed in bad light and on my phone but it gives you the just, I thought it difficult to describe so did a vid, will post as soon as link ready.

Last edited by cloudpuff; 04-21-2014 at 03:12 PM..
Old 04-21-2014, 03:18 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I'll toftt. Buying now.

Just uploading quick vid to youtube now. It's my first ever vid and filmed in bad light and on my phone but it gives you the just, I thought it difficult to describe so did a vid, will post as soon as link ready.
Awesome! Thank you so much!!!
Old 04-21-2014, 05:11 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I so hope this works. I dunno how to embed yet so so here's the link. I think.
Twined ipad gameplay: http://youtu.be/QF_CLbnbVH4

It's not a clone of blew but has a feeling of blek if that makes sense. You control a piece of string and the aim is to drag it to form a closed loop around pegs. It starts simple but by level ten it gets challenging due to a mixture of new elements such a pegs that kill you if touched and the fiddliness of trying to see where you are moving when the pegs get smaller. It's kind of a mixture of path drawing with a blek take on it. I'm enjoying it and am glad I bought it. The instructions could be a bit clearer as once the initial levels are completed you're left left to figure out the new elements yourself yourself but it isn't difficult to do so . I'll happily gift to one of you if you're in the UK.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:18 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I so hope this works. I dunno how to embed yet so so here's the link. I think.
Twined ipad gameplay: http://youtu.be/QF_CLbnbVH4

It's not a clone of blew but has a feeling of blek if that makes sense. You control a piece of string and the aim is to drag it to form a closed loop around pegs. It starts simple but by level ten it gets challenging due to a mixture of new elements such a pegs that kill you if touched and the fiddliness of trying to see where you are moving when the pegs get smaller. It's kind of a mixture of path drawing with a blek take on it. I'm enjoying it and am glad I bought it. The instructions could be a bit clearer as once the initial levels are completed you're left left to figure out the new elements yourself yourself but it isn't difficult to do so . I'll happily gift to one of you if you're in the UK.
Wow! Great video and explanation. It's nice to see that it's not a blek clone. I don't think I have ever seen a game like this. I would love a gift but unfortunately I live in the US. It's super kind of you to even offer that.