Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-13-2014, 05:54 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default [FREE GAME] Pixel Journey - The New Picture Logic Puzzle Game for the iPhone and iPad

hi everyone,

I just want to announce that my second game PIXEL JOURNEY just got approved by Apple and is now available for Free download.
I am hoping if it is not to much to ask for your support to download and rate the App if you like it.

Pixel Journey is a picture logic puzzle game wherein you play as an aspiring explorer and you solve puzzles to uncover secret images ranging from a simple flower to the Egyptian and Mayan hieroglyphics. Contains 190+ puzzles to enjoy and works for all IOS devices running IOS 6 and later.

Here is the link to the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pixel-journey/id821344868?ls=1&mt=8

You can get more info from my website: http://robegamesios.wix.com/pixeljourney

Game Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Gameplay Tutorial:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Screenshots:

Please feel free to comment and suggestions to make the game better are always welcome. Thanks again to the Touch Arcade community for all the support. Have a great day!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:26 PM

Old 04-13-2014, 06:49 PM

I've played a little bit.

I would have liked the option to skip the tutorial.

The transparency on the number backgrounds can make them a bit hard to read with the busy background images.

The big one: it doesn't grey out the numbers correctly in partially solved columns.

E.g. If a column shows 2 over 3 and you colour in the bottom two cells, the 2 at the top is greyed out.

Couple that with the transparency issue and it is too hard to read the greyed out numbers and keep track of where you are to be playable for all but the simplest puzzles.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

hi Mr Bez,

thanks for the comments, I will fix those issues with a quick update within 2 weeks. I appreciate the comments. with regards to the greyed out numbers, the game reads the clues from top to bottom, so if you only have 2 painted tiles in the column in a [2 over 3] column, then it will read the 2 first. But for example, if you have 2 painted tiles - then a gap - then 1 painted tile after that,the 2 will be grayed out while the 3 is not. And Vice versa, if you painted 1 tile - then a gap - then 3 tiles, the number 3 will be grayed out while the 1 is not.

I hope that kinda explains it a bit? But I will revisit that issue and see how to make it a much better user experience. Thanks a lot again
Old 04-16-2014, 01:29 PM

Missed this reply. I could see what it's doing, but it doesn't make sense as you can't always solve the puzzle from the top.

The solution if you haven't figured it out, is a triple pass (examples for a 3 1 2 column):

1) Check if all numbers have been found, whether X's have been entered or not. E.g. has the user coloured a 3 1 2 in that order? If yes, shade all and stop. Otherwise:

2)Check for partial solutions from the top: is there a 3 right at the top, or with X's in all squares between it and the top. If yes, shade out the 3 and check the next number. If it's followed by a 1 with only X's (no spaces) between the 3 and 1, shade the 1. Repeat until you hit the first number you can't shade (block is too long or too short).

3) Do the same as step 2 but from the bottom. I.e. is there a 2 right at the bottom, or with X's in all squares between it and the bottom...
Old 04-28-2014, 02:56 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Hi Mr Bez,

An update is waiting for review on the app, should be available soon for download. I addressed the comments that you mentioned. Hopefully it gives you and others a better game experience. I appreciate your comments, I strive to make the game better, and the only way for me to do that is through comments. Thanks for your time. best regards