Sub-Forum rules are not available in the TA app

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Lavender, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Hello.
    Please forgive me if my post is out of place.

Coolpepper43 and I noticed that in the TA app, the rules announcement is not there.
    I noticed, that the rules are listed in the "announcement" before each forum section in the regular web site but not in the app.
    Is it possible to make it a sticky instead of, or also(?) so it'll show up?

I'm not sure if I can explain this right. Under the link for promo codes, for example, there is a 1 line statement that it is for developers only. Again, not so in the app.

And yes, I do see that there is some info regarding rules in this feedback & news section, but, it's real easy to overlook the section in the app.

I believe it would help with less confusion for the posters and less work for the mod's.

Just a thought. :)

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I 100% agree

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'm pretty sure that as long as there are no complaints then there are no problems. I've certainly seen a few moderators posting/participating in these Starbucks and other member created threads.

Any comment Eli or Jared? Thank you in advance.

4. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I see the starbucks ones in the price drop section all the time. I dont think that its a big deal.

That wasnt the purpose of my post. I tried to imply that not having the rules readily available in the TA app is what causes the issue and can be quite confusing for some members who only use an ipad to come here.

Some times a post 'magically' disapears and the member doesnt know why.
    If there were easy access to the rules, then less confusion, less work.

Did this make sense? It's almost 2:30 am for me. I dont sleep much but, since i have to start my day in a couple hours, id better get to bed. :)

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    ya, some posts magically do disappear. I also wish if something was removed or edited the mod would tell you and why they did it. I'm like you with my sleep. I'll post something and then it disappears and then I wondered if I even posted it or I'm hallucinating from a lack of sleep.

6. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Sorry for bumping this, but I thought this would be important to add.

Not to long ago, one of my posts disappeared and so did a part of someone else's post that I had written about.
    Not a big deal. The right thing was done.

Anyways, I was on my laptop, so I was viewing touch arcade outside of the TA app. I noticed at the bottom of the other persons partially deleted post, it stated something like: reason for deletion or edit... By moderator.... And the reason for it. I looked at the same section through the TA app and saw that this information was not there.

What I'm trying to say is; let's not always be to sure that the moderator did not leave a reason.
    Sometimes it just doesn't show up in the app. (Note: I am not making this statement to cool pepper. I am making to everyone, including myself)

I believe the moderators are trying their best within the limits they are working in. I really do. I appreciate this community and the the unpaid work of the mods. ( thank you - Mods!)

That's all. :)

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #7 psj3809, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    On the whole thats not going to happen. What with deleting 100's of spam posts a day (Most arent reported), deleting any offensive posts or arguments i just havent got free time to PM someone to say why their post was deleted (when in actual fact its obvious most of the time)

I mean if someone writes something offensive and someone then quotes it i have to then delete two posts. Same for spam, some people stupidly quote spam (instead of reporting it) so thats another post to delete. Other times people beg/ask for promo codes when thats against the rules. (They never seem to buy games, just ask for codes !)

If there is an instance where you think 'why was that deleted ?' PM a mod. But i would say most times its obvious why

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Yeah, with how much behind the scenes stuff we do, sending everyone a PM is not feasible.

I'm gonna open up the floodgates and say that if you're concerned about a missing post, PM me and I'll tell you the reason. I won't say who deleted it or anything, but feel free to ask me.

9. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I want to ask you then... Is it better for you when members report spam? What about double posts? Posts in the wrong section?
    I see spam sometimes and I don't know wether it's better to report it or wait for you, or another moderator to notice it. I worry about filling up your boxes with constant reports. I also don't want to be looked at as high maintenance. Although, that ship may have sailed a long time ago! LOL
    I personally don't mind doing my part if my part means reporting things.
    Thanks!

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Don't worry about reporting spam. More the merrier!

If you notice spam is by one person report that once by that person as we nuke them in one go so that deleted their posts

But feel free to report as much spam as you want. Better to do that than not
    Thanks

11. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    There was a thing a few days ago where there two spammers at the same time but I couldn't report both as you have to wait 60 seconds between reporting, and I still got that the 60 second message long after the time had passed, I dunno if it's a glitch with the app though.