★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

A call to arms - have you tried Light Jockey

08-18-2009, 10:04 PM
A call to arms - have you tried Light Jockey

Cliff notes: I want to test twitter RT effectiveness in relation to virality of a free iPhone app. Read below for details.

So I released Light Jockey (http://bit.ly/Ry5wS) to the store for free, mainly because I needed some friends to have access to it this week. I hope everyone enjoys it.. it's a fairly full game with some interesting gameplay and pretty good blur effects.

There's no advertising in the game, and I can't really make monetize it (I tried before, and it didn't sell at all even at $0.99).

So I was talking to Vester here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...t=22365&page=3 and thought it might be interesting to do an experiment and see how well twitter can act as a viral vector for promoting an iPhone app.

So I ask that you just try Light Jockey (completely free), and if you like it, just post this to your twitter:

Code:
Light Jockey for the iPhone is awesome and FREE: http://bit.ly/Ry5wS ...  Try it out, and RT if you agree :)
Curious to see what happens with this. Hope it's not too much to ask for a twitter post in exchange for a free game that has a lot of work put into it!

Thanks,
Jason

My Games in the App Store: Theseus,
Theseus Lite
, Cryptograms, Rubehouse,
Theseus HD
08-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey!

I bought Light Jockey back then, and though it was great! I gave it a 4 star review because it was short, but I'll edit it to 5 stars now that it's free. I thought it was worth it at $1.

In any case, I don't have a Twitter, but I posted it on my Facebook!

08-18-2009, 10:13 PM
I loved Light Jockey. Bought it at its release and completed it soon after. It was very cool and some levels were pretty challenging. Definitely take a minute to download this game for FREE now.
08-18-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't usually like doing these sort of things but I feel its the least I can do, I had a lot of fun with the game

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
08-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clymos View Post
I don't usually like doing these sort of things but I feel its the least I can do, I had a lot of fun with the game
Thanks I saw your tweet go out.. one of the few

My Games in the App Store: Theseus,
Theseus Lite
, Cryptograms, Rubehouse,
Theseus HD
08-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonf View Post
Thanks I saw your tweet go out.. one of the few
no problem and thanks for the awesome games (I bought theseus a while back).

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
08-19-2009, 01:06 AM
LOL, nice thread, nice game!
08-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
LOL, nice thread, nice game!
It really is a good game, I am disappointed it is getting so little attention while pocket god threads get thousands of post