Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-16-2014, 09:59 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default iOOTP Baseball 2014 Edition (by Out of the Park Developments)

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 04-17-2014 at 04:42 PM..
Old 04-16-2014, 10:27 AM

I get this every year. Easily in my top 5 for iOS games.

It's not for everyone but if anyone has any questions, let me know.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:24 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

this is also one of my favorite games ever

the player editor will be a welcome addition, especially if xander bogartes and henry owens are not rated up to the level they should be
Old 04-17-2014, 06:04 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I've got this every year too because it's fun to manage my favorite team (after putting in MLB logos and ballparks). However, it looks like they still haven't implemented manual save slots instead of automatic saves ALWAYS making you pick up where you left off. Sometimes I unfairly lose or accidentally bunt instead of take a pitch and I just want to revert to the beginning of that specific game. Here's hoping they'll play FHM2014 and see how useful that feature would be.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:32 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Can i transfer my iap purchased from iootp 2013 to iootp 2014 ?
Old 04-17-2014, 09:57 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

is anyone else thankful that there is a player editor? because the pitcher ratings are terrible in this years version
Old 04-17-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglover411 View Post
is anyone else thankful that there is a player editor? because the pitcher ratings are terrible in this years version
yeah the editor is nice. unfortunately, I have a hard time controlling myself when it comes to editing.

Over on the ootp forums, a lot of people like to show who they managed to draft, randomly generated freaks of nature, which was always fun to see. With the editor, those days are gone. But thats only minor to what is a great addition to the series.

I will say though, it does need an update to get all the text to fit correctly.

edit: the text is goofy on my iPad mini. looks great on my iPhone 5.

Last edited by turakm; 04-17-2014 at 10:49 AM..
Old 04-17-2014, 10:55 AM

Default Pretty good

I like the editor, but there are just some really weird choices for player ratings here. They make Alex Wood (rookie for the braves, pitched in three games last year) BETTER than Craig Kimbrel who has broken at least 300 100+ year old records and has more saves in his first three seasons than any pitcher in history. Kimbrel is a 4 start player and Wood is a 4 and half star. Again, with the editor I can fix this issue which is great.

There still seems to be way too many wild pitches and walks every game though. The opposing pitcher and my pitcher (no matter who is pitching) will average 2 wild pitches and 5+ walks a game.

I like it and the editor will fix a lot of issues, but there is just some weird results sometimes.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephmWood View Post
I like the editor, but there are just some really weird choices for player ratings here. They make Alex Wood (rookie for the braves, pitched in three games last year) BETTER than Craig Kimbrel who has broken at least 300 100+ year old records and has more saves in his first three seasons than any pitcher in history. Kimbrel is a 4 start player and Wood is a 4 and half star. Again, with the editor I can fix this issue which is great.

There still seems to be way too many wild pitches and walks every game though. The opposing pitcher and my pitcher (no matter who is pitching) will average 2 wild pitches and 5+ walks a game.

I like it and the editor will fix a lot of issues, but there is just some weird results sometimes.
Those ratings might be closer than you think, I would suggest switching from a star rating system to a 20-80

and then the actual and potential ratings to 1-100

gives you a better insight on who is truly the elite versus very good. the difference between a 4 star and a 4 1/2 could actually be one point. Not saying you still wouldn't have to edit BUT it might be closer than you think.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:24 AM

I just bought the 2013 one and it is sitting there rusting. I guess I don't need this one to join it heehee. It is fun though. I like manager games when I get time to play em!