Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-16-2014, 02:10 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Route Z (by Moonshark)

Quote:
CA Soft Launch info:

The Game is Soft Launching in Canada. Size of the app is 88.9 MB.

Price in CA is Free.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

The world's been overrun by zombies, everyone you've ever known has perished and you're running out of gas. There's only one route left.

In Route Z, your goal is quite simple: drive to survive! Barrel through hordes of zombies in search of fuel and armor. How far can you make it without wrecking your ride?

Game Features:

Cruise through 3 different landscapes with procedurally generated terrains
Equip and upgrade 4 deadly weapons to help wreak havoc on your enemies
Unlock 5 unique vehicles with distinct handling and varied attributes
Build monster combos to increase your score and stain the streets with zombie remains
Go into Beast Mode to bust through any obstacle and terrorize the undead
Complete tons of missions to level up and utilize an array of killer boosts
Choose between tilt or touch input for maximum control
Ride in style with gorgeous Retina graphics
Toggle gore effects on or off for younger players
Scale graphics up or down to suit your device
iCloud support lets you sync your save data across all your iOS devices
Share your top scores via Facebook and Game Center - finally prove to your friends who'd last the longest in the zombie apocalypse

iPhone Screenshots:

Old 04-16-2014, 09:18 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Downloaded this today. It's actually a really cool game.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:34 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-16-2014, 10:07 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Yeah this does look good. Moonshark also did Verticus, so im sure this be good.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:19 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Yeah this does look good. Moonshark also did Verticus, so im sure this be good.
My biggest gripe with this game is the F2P "energy system" or whatever you want to call it. With each run, you use up a car key. The max amount of keys are 5. Once you burn through the 5 keys, you have to wait for them to regenerate. I think it's 5 mins per key. Each run only lasts about 30 seconds to a minute. That is if you have a really good run, but eventually your car will run out of gas and if you wreck, your run might only be 10-15 seconds. So, pretty much you play the game for 5 minutes (or less) and then wait 25 minutes to play another 5 minutes (or less). That is unless you pay 1.99 to upgrade to 15 max keys. The game itself is great! It's just a lot of waiting. It IS in soft launch, so hopefully they will tweak the timer situation. This would be a great premium game though. Reminds me a lot of Zombie Highway.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:50 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

actually this game offers more fun than any of the release today(yes including unpposible which i only play for 30 minutes). thats just my personal opinion. others may agree to disagree. but if i were you, ill give this game at least a try. i agree with the above, the biggest gripe in this game is the f2p energy system, which is if you can earn enough coins and complete all the task, you'll find that your fuel will be refill before it runs out.

ps. this coming out from the person who vow to bring all the f2p games to justice jk
Old 04-30-2014, 12:05 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Out worldwide now. Downloading, but im treading slowly coz of the energy system. I guess if i run out and still want to play, it's deleted.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:17 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Yeah, kinda reminds me of Zombie highway for some reason.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Wow this game wouldve been fantastic, but then the missions in Level 3 REQUIRE that you die 6 times when you only have 5 keys. Keys are the game's energy system.

Poorly designed mission, and i havent even been an hour into the game and it's already making me wait.

This is another potentially great game killed by stupid timers. The IAP for having a max of 15 keys seems bad too, since you'll still just be playing 3 times longer til it makes you wait again. AND, since you have to recover a full 15 keys, it would actually take longer to have max keys again which could be another design flaw.

Nobody complained about this Key system and the timers in soft launch is ridiculous. Verticus (same devs) was awesome coz you can play all you want, despite being grindy. In here they dont want you to play unless you pay each time.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:42 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Wow this game wouldve been fantastic, but then the missions in Level 3 REQUIRE that you die 6 times when you only have 5 keys. Keys are the game's energy system.

Poorly designed mission, and i havent even been an hour into the game and it's already making me wait.

This is another potentially great game killed by stupid timers. The IAP for having a max of 15 keys seems bad too, since you'll still just be playing 3 times longer til it makes you wait again. AND, since you have to recover a full 15 keys, it would actually take longer to have max keys again which could be another design flaw.

Nobody complained about this Key system and the timers in soft launch is ridiculous. Verticus (same devs) was awesome coz you can play all you want, despite being grindy. In here they dont want you to play unless you pay each time.
Yup. That was my biggest gripe about the game was the key system. Some games I can deal with, with the whole energy/timer system. This game is pretty much ruined by it. Sad, cuz it's actually a pretty cool game.