Freediving Hunter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Strongbox3d, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strongbox3d

Strongbox3d Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Independent Game Developer
    South Florida
    #1 Strongbox3d, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014

Hello All, it's nice to be here in Touch Arcade. Here I am posting the teaser and a few screenshots for Freediving Hunter, the game I made using Unity3d. I created all the graphics and did the coding myself. It was a challenging process but fun, too. I'd love to hear what you think.

Freediving Hunter is the ultimate action escape!

Master the electrifying art of freedive spearfishing! Discover the thrill and challenge of relying on your own virtual breath-holding ability as you patrol reefs, shipwrecks, and other marine environments in an exciting hunt for prized saltwater fish. Develop your “lung capacity” to conquer the depth and capture the biggest fish – but watch out… hungry sharks will try to steal your catch. Keep an eye on your lung capacity monitor, too – you don’t want to have a deadly underwater blackout!

Created by a former professional spearfisherman, Freediving Hunter is the first freediving spearfishing game.

Purchase price gives you access to EVERYTHING – no annoying pop up ads or costly in-game purchases!

FEATURES

Game play
    • First- and third-person game play combination
    • Create streaks, level up, and reach your “bag limit” to unlock new spearfishing gear
    • Eighteen cool gear combos, each with its own unique look and skill set
    • Ultimate gear combo will blow your mind – but you have to find it first
    • Responsive, intuitive controls
    • Unique fish fighting system
    • Greedy sharks try to steal your fish
    • Smart fish that react to your presence
    • Time-restricted diving (based upon your virtual lung capacity) creates tension and suspense
    • Difficulty and lung capacity increase as you play
    • Underwater blackout system will lock you out of the game for 3 minutes
    • Customizable UI colors

Graphics
    • Environment will make you feel like you’re underwater
    • Seven different hunting spots to unlock
    • Once you’ve unlocked hunting spots, you can move freely between them at your own pace

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      325.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      308.9 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      286.9 KB
      Views:
  2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Can't wait to see if this is good or not! Will be watching for it!

3. Strongbox3d

Strongbox3d Member

Apr 15, 2014
    South Florida
    Thanks for the reply, bigrand1! It's a fun game and it's definitely the most realistic looking spearfishing game out there. I'll be sure to let you know when it hits the app store, hopefully in the next week or two. Cheers!

4. ToonuvaGames

ToonuvaGames Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Game Developer
    Burlington, Vermont.
    Really nice seeing someone tackle underwater experiences! :)

5. Strongbox3d

Strongbox3d Member

Apr 15, 2014
    South Florida
    Thanks, ToonuvaGames. I used to spearfish professionally and it was such a great experience that I wanted to share it with the world, especially freediving spearfishing which is totally different than scuba. I tried really hard to make it look as true to the reality as possible. And I can't say enough about Unity3d. It made it possible for an artist like me to create my own game. I'm really grateful.

6. Strongbox3d

Strongbox3d Member

Apr 15, 2014
    South Florida
  7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #7 bigrand1, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    Excellent! Years ago, I used to spearfish with the old-fashioned rubber band spear with a snorkel when I wasn't surfing. One time, nobody wanted to go, so I went by myself, which you should never do. (Always gotta go with a buddy.) But I had the itch, and never caught anything to brag about before then. As luck would have it, (not) I was in about 25 feet of water when I spotted a halibut on the bottom, partially buried in the sand. I pulled back and shot it perfect right behind the gills. The damn thing was a lot bigger than I thought it was (I'd say 30 pounds) and all of the sudden I was being taken for a serious ride. It was so strong, and going to deeper water pulling me with it! By this time, I was only holding the rubber band part, and I had to decide whether to drown or let it go. Panicking, I tried to fight my way to the surface, stretching it to the max, but no frikkin' way, so I let it go and gasped for air. Dove down 3 more times to get my spear at least, but I never found it. I was so pissed, but the strength of that fish just blew me away and almost killed my ass! Never tried that again but will never forget that ever! Totally happy to play a spear fishing video game these days, know what I'm sayin'? Can't wait to play your game, man!