Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-16-2014, 03:28 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default LightGlide (by Jonathan Kent)

Hi TA!

I'm an indie developer trying to spread the word about my new game, and TA seems to be the authoritative place for iOS games. I hope you like it!! Promo video at the bottom shows the game in action.

For anyone that posts a review of the game and lets me know about it here, I'll PM them a special unlock as thanks. This way I can reward TA members and not the lurkers.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by jonkykong; 05-07-2014 at 05:30 PM..
Old 04-16-2014, 03:41 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Looks slick. And I will download anything by Superman's dad.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Looks cool, downloading now. Is the whole game free or is there an unlock?
Old 04-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

So I'm really enjoying LightGlide. It feels similar to LYNE in some aspects, especially once you start the third chapter of levels. Basically you need to drag your finger along a grid, in such a way that all squares are touched along your path. It's the kind of puzzle game that's super simple to play but gradually layers on new mechanics that ramp up the complexity. First to be added are squares with arrows; your next square must be in that direction. Then there are squares that need to be passed over twice, and I have no idea what comes next

There are dozens and dozens of levels, and better yet, each one is randomly generated. The minimal style and great soundtrack round out the package.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:32 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Thank you both so much!

The game does have in-app purchases - the last 4 of the 10 stages are only unlocked this way.

If (strictly hypothetically!) I had a way to unlock these features outside of the in-app purchases, is it safe to post such information here? Do others do this? I'm new here, and I believe that Apple prohibits such features that do the same thing as an in-app purchase does because it could be abused to cut apple out of the loop.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:38 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkykong View Post
Thank you both so much!

The game does have in-app purchases - the last 4 of the 10 stages are only unlocked this way.

If (strictly hypothetically!) I had a way to unlock these features outside of the in-app purchases, is it safe to post such information here? Do others do this? I'm new here, and I believe that Apple prohibits such features that do the same thing as an in-app purchase does because it could be abused to cut apple out of the loop.
I doubt Apple reps are scouring the threads here. I know a few devs have had promo codes or similar things that gave you like a free coin pack/IAP. So I have seen something like what you're saying done before.

What will I say is that I recommend against devs just posting promo codes in threads. It's a nice gesture, but 95% of the time, lurkers take them
Old 04-17-2014, 02:58 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
I doubt Apple reps are scouring the threads here. I know a few devs have had promo codes or similar things that gave you like a free coin pack/IAP. So I have seen something like what you're saying done before.

What will I say is that I recommend against devs just posting promo codes in threads. It's a nice gesture, but 95% of the time, lurkers take them
How about this:

For anyone that posts some feedback about the app here (positive or otherwise), I'll PM them a special unlock as thanks. This way I can reward the members and not the lurkers.

Bronxsta - sent you the unlock.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:03 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkykong View Post
How about this:

For anyone that posts some feedback about the app here (positive or otherwise), I'll PM them a special unlock as thanks. This way I can reward the members and not the lurkers.

Bronxsta - sent you the unlock.
I think that the game is great. It seems simple enough that I think my dad will be able to figure it out. But it is also challenging. The only thing that makes me sad is that it is not full screen on the ipad.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Anyone else playing this?
Old 04-26-2014, 12:59 PM

I'm enjoying this game very much, indeed. It's attractive to look at with simple clean design, very responsive to touch, and just a lot of fun to play. It's sort of taken over my free time since I downloaded it--it's what I call a "just one more, just one more!" game. That's a good thing. I like it so much I purchased an IAP to support the developer. Well done, dev!