Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-16-2014, 03:28 PM
jonkykong jonkykong is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 9
Default LightGlide (by Jonathan Kent)

Hi TA!

I'm an indie developer trying to spread the word about my new game, and TA seems to be the authoritative place for iOS games. I hope you like it!! Promo video at the bottom shows the game in action.

For anyone that posts a review of the game and lets me know about it here, I'll PM them a special unlock as thanks. This way I can reward TA members and not the lurkers.




Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by jonkykong; 05-07-2014 at 05:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Jerutix Jerutix is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 886
Default

Looks slick. And I will download anything by Superman's dad.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Bronxsta Bronxsta is offline
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,707
Default

Looks cool, downloading now. Is the whole game free or is there an unlock?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Bronxsta Bronxsta is offline
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,707
Default

So I'm really enjoying LightGlide. It feels similar to LYNE in some aspects, especially once you start the third chapter of levels. Basically you need to drag your finger along a grid, in such a way that all squares are touched along your path. It's the kind of puzzle game that's super simple to play but gradually layers on new mechanics that ramp up the complexity. First to be added are squares with arrows; your next square must be in that direction. Then there are squares that need to be passed over twice, and I have no idea what comes next

There are dozens and dozens of levels, and better yet, each one is randomly generated. The minimal style and great soundtrack round out the package.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-17-2014, 12:32 AM
jonkykong jonkykong is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 9
Default

Thank you both so much!

The game does have in-app purchases - the last 4 of the 10 stages are only unlocked this way.

If (strictly hypothetically!) I had a way to unlock these features outside of the in-app purchases, is it safe to post such information here? Do others do this? I'm new here, and I believe that Apple prohibits such features that do the same thing as an in-app purchase does because it could be abused to cut apple out of the loop.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-17-2014, 12:38 AM
Bronxsta Bronxsta is offline
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkykong View Post
Thank you both so much!

The game does have in-app purchases - the last 4 of the 10 stages are only unlocked this way.

If (strictly hypothetically!) I had a way to unlock these features outside of the in-app purchases, is it safe to post such information here? Do others do this? I'm new here, and I believe that Apple prohibits such features that do the same thing as an in-app purchase does because it could be abused to cut apple out of the loop.
I doubt Apple reps are scouring the threads here. I know a few devs have had promo codes or similar things that gave you like a free coin pack/IAP. So I have seen something like what you're saying done before.

What will I say is that I recommend against devs just posting promo codes in threads. It's a nice gesture, but 95% of the time, lurkers take them
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-17-2014, 02:58 PM
jonkykong jonkykong is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
I doubt Apple reps are scouring the threads here. I know a few devs have had promo codes or similar things that gave you like a free coin pack/IAP. So I have seen something like what you're saying done before.

What will I say is that I recommend against devs just posting promo codes in threads. It's a nice gesture, but 95% of the time, lurkers take them
How about this:

For anyone that posts some feedback about the app here (positive or otherwise), I'll PM them a special unlock as thanks. This way I can reward the members and not the lurkers.

Bronxsta - sent you the unlock.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-17-2014, 03:03 PM
coolpepper43 coolpepper43 is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkykong View Post
How about this:

For anyone that posts some feedback about the app here (positive or otherwise), I'll PM them a special unlock as thanks. This way I can reward the members and not the lurkers.

Bronxsta - sent you the unlock.
I think that the game is great. It seems simple enough that I think my dad will be able to figure it out. But it is also challenging. The only thing that makes me sad is that it is not full screen on the ipad.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Bronxsta Bronxsta is offline
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,707
Default

Anyone else playing this?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Valentia Valentia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 73
Default

I'm enjoying this game very much, indeed. It's attractive to look at with simple clean design, very responsive to touch, and just a lot of fun to play. It's sort of taken over my free time since I downloaded it--it's what I call a "just one more, just one more!" game. That's a good thing. I like it so much I purchased an IAP to support the developer. Well done, dev!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent