Stupid things in gaming, or on the app store...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by coolpepper43, Apr 18, 2014.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This thread is similar to the "I don't get" thread but more about stupid things that you have noticed in gaming or the App Store or whatever.

Isn't it stupid that the App Store lists "top iaps" rather than just listing all of the iaps in an app? I just looked at the new Spider-Man game and if you didn't read the description you would not even know that it contained iaps. If they were not a huge publisher they wouldn't have even mentioned it. I would be pissed if I bought a new game and I didn't even realized that it contained iaps because the game was so new that no one bought any of the iaps yet.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's stupid how i've become a game collector rather than a gamer.

Limiting myself on a budget has improved me slowly back into being a gamer again, but sometimes i still buy games i only play once or twice before forgetting about it.

It's also stupid how i visit toucharcade too much when i should be playing instead.

3. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    It's stupid how iOS has so much games but so little to offer to hardcore gamers.

4. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    It's stupid how you can play a game you've purchase, for hours, possibly days, and then come to a point that you can't finish it without paying for more iap's. Especially when it wasn't disclosed before you purchased the FULL game in the 1st place.

5. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I am the same way. It's like some kind of sickness.

6. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    It's stupid that you can't see the price of an app you already own.

It's stupid that Apple have decided to ban apps like AppShopper.

It's stupid that when I tap to buy an app I have to wait a minute or two before it asks me for my password.

It's stupid that when a game moves to a new developer they have to start it as if it's a new p&p on the App Store and can't transfer the purchases across.

7. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    It's stupid that games are available for iPhones, handheld consoles like the vita suffer, and that device is made for games in the go and IS superior.

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

That's me.

9. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    And me...

10. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Ditto - even on my new budget I'm still buying more than I can play. I will get through them all before I die though.

11. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #11 coolpepper43, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    I literally have over 5000 games. I could live for 300 more years and I wouldn't even be able complete them all. I think I need to go to rehab. Where can I go to seek treatment? How many games do you guys have?

I think that in my head I'm preparing for some kind of doomsday scenario where I will be stuck somewhere forever with an unlimited power source and internet and just play games until I die. It will be like that classic Twilight Zone episode where the last human survivor is really excited to just read books but he breaks his glasses and then he can't read. But hopefully for me my ipad battery can still hold a charge after 30 years after the apocalypse.

12. Stormourner

Stormourner Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    it's so stupid when appstore approves the stolen flash games

13. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    2048?

14. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    At least we know how we will live our retirement days.

15. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #15 coolpepper43, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    Oops

16. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I think that in my head I'm preparing for some kind of doomsday scenario where I will be stuck somewhere forever with an unlimited power source and internet and just play games until I die. It will be like that classic Twilight Zone episode where the last human survivor is really excited to just read books but he breaks his glasses and then he can't read. But hopefully for me my ipad battery can still hold a charge after 30 years after the apocalypse

17. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    You should be fine, soon our ihardware will take nuclear batteries that last 20 + years. Just pray that internal components don't malfunction.

18. Stormourner

Stormourner Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    nope!!! Psionic Games' Killer Escape

19. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    On my way home from retiring I'll probably get hit by a bus - fingers crossed my phone is in my pocket so I really can then play forever.

20. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands

This! And also that i spent way more time reading the threads about a game than I actually spent time to play the game ...even more stupidis the fact that I am 43 years old and should know better.