Ice Wings - Skies of Steel - [REBORN UPDATE 1.2]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MF3D_Dev, Apr 18, 2014.

1. MF3D_Dev

MF3D_Dev Well-Known Member

#1 MF3D_Dev, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    [​IMG]

With + 650K downloads, Ice Wings - Skies of Steel - will receive a GREAT UPDATE very soon!!

- New aircrafts

- New obstacles

- Redesigned UI

- GameCenter Leaderboards

- GameCenter Achievements

- And more....

Ice Wings - Skies of Steel - is an adrenaline endless fast game that test your dexterity avoiding obstacles while you destroy your enemies.

The game received very good reviews and scores in the previous versions:

★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars Review. Recommended game. www.the-app-shack.com

★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars Review. "If you are an endless flying game enthusiasts you need to focus on this game: Ice Wings: Skies of Steel. " --- best10app.com

9 OUT OF 10 SCORE REVIEW ★ - "Ice Wings is just one of those magical games that made me lose track time." "The game is a blast to play and something that people should not pass up" - MasterofHubes Reviews Blog

8 OUT OF 10 SCORE REVIEW ★ - "The graphics are sharp, colourful and smooth." "As your learning curve increases, the game is more fun." "This is very well done for the cost and you will definitely get your money's worth."" - www.AppaSnap.com

8 & 7.5 OUT OF 10 SCORE VIDEO-REVIEW ★ "Just play this awesome game" - http://reviewsontherun.com/all/spotlight/ice-wings-skies-of-steel-ios-video-review/

ENJOY NOW while REBORN UPDATE 1.2 is coming:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ice-wings-skies-of-steel/id490517441?mt=8

CAN YOU FLY AT MAXIMUM SPEED AVOIDING OBSTACLES WHILE YOU ARE FACING DOWN AND FIRING BOATS, HELICOPTERS, AIRCRAFTS, ETC.. ??

More info is coming.........

VISUAL IMPROVEMENTS:

REBORN UDPDATE 1.2 will have new visual filters like bloom effect, dirty lens, blurring effect effect, etc...

[​IMG]

INTRODUCING EF-2000

[​IMG]

INTRODUCING BOOSTERS

[​IMG]

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Many, many months ago, an update with a new zone was supposed to come. I hope this update doesn't die in the same way as the last update did.

3. MF3D_Dev

Hi VirtualBoyFreak,

yes, you are right, in that moment I just started a new job in a company and I left completely my own games.

Now I have established myself like a independent developer and now I can continue with new and old projects.

I can assure you that this new update will be available soon ( I am working right now on it), not new scenario, but like I said in the post, new aircrafts, new obstacles, GameCenter support, etc....

But of course new scenarios will be in future updates.

I hope clarify your post :)

Best.

4. MF3D_Dev

Hi all,

I am working in visual improvements that the new update will have like bloom effect, dirty lens, blurring effect, etc...

Here a small samples of the 2 versions.

I hope you like it.

Best.

[​IMG]

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I enjoyed your game very much and with this update i'm gonna load it again, for sure. It is an update, not a new app ?!

(Checked the store, omg, version 1.0 is from 22.12.11)

6. MF3D_Dev

Hi Qwertz555, thanks a lot, I am really happy that you enjoyed a lot with the game.

This is an update, not new app. I hope that you enjoy again and now with Game Center Leaderboards we can challenge between us :).

The 1.1 version is from Updated: Jan 07, 2012, and yeah, is long time, but like I explained in the previous post to VirtualBoyFreak, I started to work in a new company and I left completely my own games. :(

Thanks again friend.

Best.

7. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Is this game iPod 4 supported?

8. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Loaded and fired it up again, yeah still a fun game. Though it's not iphone5 screen size, it doesn't hinder me to enjoy it again. Even tilt controls work fine in this game, but i definitely stick to the top-notch relative touch.

While playing now, the fire button gets in the way badly, even the big one on the bottom. Wasn't too bad back in those (ios) days, but...will we have the option to customize it, to place it where we want ? Auto-fire option ? (People gonna ask if you don't have it, i guess). Can we go beneath obstacles ?

Ok, i stop and go back to play some more. Very looking forward and hey, it's 2014, so there are iap's, please don't forget to implement a coin doubler, so i can support you again.

9. MF3D_Dev

Hi,

christopherrocs:
    The version 1.1 (the one that is on Apple Store now, works in iPod Touch 4th Gen), I can record a video for you if you want to see that works. With the new update I am trying to keep that runs in the same devices, but of course, without new filters and visual improvements :(, but I am trying to optimize a bit more the game for old devices, I hope everything will work correctly, I will post here the advances in that field if you want :). You will need to have at least iOS 5 to play.

Qwertz555:
    Hey man, I am glad that you enjoy the game again, thanks!!.

About your questions:

- Now the gameplay scheme controls has been simplified to only 2 schemes ( TILT and Small Shoot Button controls, the most used by the people) BUT with the option of AUTO-FIRE if you want :).

- You can not to position the button where you want, sorry :(. But if you choose AUTO-FIRE, the fire button will not appear, of course.

- About going beneath obstacles, the answer is NO, but, in this update, in the next one, who knows :)

- About IAP, really I don't want to use IAP in my games, I am a developer from long years ago, and I grew up playing the arcade machines, and I believe in players that want to pay really small prices ($0.99) but have a complete game with free updates, I don't know if I will need to use IAP in the future, but for now, I want to avoid them if is possible.

Thanks again for your support friend, much appreciated.

Best

10. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    #10 Qwertz555, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    (Holding my breath and typing with shaky fingers)
    ...and the second will be relative touch control as it is now, i hope !?!
    Don't change that!, please.
    At least here on Toucharcade, most people prefere relative touch and definitely not tilt, imho. Doesn't matter how good they are.

Nice to have auto-fire. Depending on the game (scoring system/bullets management/etc.) i like to have this option. If you didn't change anything in this update, i put them on, for sure. A button less.

And not being able to customize the buttons...it's one thing on an iphone, but a lot developers forget about the ipads. I read a lot of times how awkward they are set, specially on the big ipads. Like they were never testing their own game on different devices.

To all Devs who read this side note:
    Is it a matter of difficulty, MB size or just lazyness ? Buttons customization should be given in any game that uses them, no matter how convinced the Devs are by themselves. Make your paying customers happy.

Sent to fast...great to hear about the three most hated letters in gaming history - iap. None here.

11. MF3D_Dev

Hi again friend,

The second control scheme will be this:

[​IMG]

But if you use auto-fire, the fire button will disappear :).

About possibility of change buttons positions by the player, I will check it, but at least in this update I can not assure to implement it, for time reasons.

Best.

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    @dev sorry for OOT, but is war of goblins(if I'm not mistaken) is still in the works? coz Im waiting for years for this already and not a single info has been posted since last year.

13. MF3D_Dev

Hi redribbon,

like I explained some post ago, I has been working in companies till now, (that means that I could not continue with my projects for long time :( )

Now, I established myself like Independent Developer with my own studio, (only me, developing all the games doing programming, art, design, animation, etc...), but ALL MY GAMES are in development queue, that means that CRAZY GOBLINS: MODERN WAR is there too, BUT there are games that are bigger that other ones, and CG:MW is one of the big ones :), first I need to start to sell other games before I can dedicate 100% to CG:MW.

The game is there, I only need time and start to grow a bit like independent studio to continue with the development :) .

Best

14. MF3D_Dev

Hi all,

Introducing EF-2000 !!!

[​IMG]

I hope you like it.

Best.

15. MF3D_Dev

Introducing BOOSTERS!!

YES, Ice Wings -Skies of Steel- [REBORN UPDATE 1.2] will have BOOSTERS that helps you to increase your scores and makes the game amazingly fun!!.

The REBORN is coming . . .

[​IMG]

16. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    I forgot to ask about powerups, but you answered it. Great stuff.
    Take your time, please, but when around will you be ready for this update? Another 2-3 months ?

17. MF3D_Dev

Qwertz555 no,no, will be less time for sure.

Next week I will announce the released date but will be released in short time.

Best.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Sound fine to me. Looking forward to the updates :) Gracias! ;)

19. MF3D_Dev

Hi friends,

Sorry for no post the last week, but I was very very busy working for clients and in Ice Wings.

Finally, Ice Wings will enter in bugfixing tomorrow-Saturday, this means that if everything go well, the update could be available in around 2 weeks :).

I hope the 19th-25th May week.

I'll keep you informed.

Best.