Support our Sponsors:
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 08:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Quadblast

Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you all know about the upcoming release of our latest game - Quadblast. Born out of a love of arcade shooters, and a personal distaste for virtual sticks, the control system is a combination of tilt for precision movement, and swipe to activate your 4 lasers. This keeps the screen free from UI clutter, as well as allowing you to keep your thumbs out of the way for the most part, providing a clear view of the action, and hopefully bringing something new to an old genre. As a side benefit, I have also found it greatly reduces the virtual stick feature I've come to know as, "Argrhgrhrghg, my thumbs are on fire!"

Hitting the App Store on June 5th!

Heritage Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

First 3 minutes of gameplay:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Featuring:

* Intense arcade action.
* Unique, responsive control system.
* Unlockable upgrades to boost your speed, lasers, shields, and even allow you to manipulate time!
* Jumpstart ability for the hardcore among you, allowing you to bypass the early rounds, to face faster and more numerous enemies.
* Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards, with real-time tracking of your friends' scores, notifying you in-game when you have bested them.

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer

Last edited by DrSmiley; 06-03-2014 at 03:31 AM.. Reason: Adding screenshots, clarified release date
Old 04-18-2014, 10:17 AM

I like this.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:14 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Very interesting. I don't think I've seen anything that works like this game.

I am very interested in trying it.
when will you be releasing it?
Old 04-18-2014, 11:35 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmiley View Post
Hi everyone

While I appreciate there is very little point uploading anything new to the App Store now that Hodappy Bird is out, I've come this far, so just wanted to announce the upcoming release of our latest game - Quadblast. Born out of a love of arcade shooters, and a personal distaste for virtual sticks, the control system is a combination of tilt for precision movement, and swipe to activate your 4 lasers.
I wish the control works flawlessly on this game. Personally, I prefer touch rather than tilt to move, but may be I was wrong
Old 04-18-2014, 12:16 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Hi folks, thanks for your interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
I like this.
And I like that you like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
Very interesting. I don't think I've seen anything that works like this game.

I am very interested in trying it.
when will you be releasing it?
I definitely wanted to try and add something new to the genre, and set it apart from other titles.
I haven't locked down a date yet, but I'm looking to submit it to Apple next week. Add on a couple of weeks for the approval process and sorting out stuff on the marketing side, and then it should be available for one and all. I'll update this thread when I can be more specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
I wish the control works flawlessly on this game. Personally, I prefer touch rather than tilt to move, but may be I was wrong
The controls do have something of a "patting your head, rubbing your belly" nature to them, but the overwhelming response has been along the lines of "wow, I didn't think that would work, but it totally does!". From my experience, you're definitely not alone with your preference there. I think tilt can certainly be done badly, but games like "Tilt to Live" proved that it can also be done very well
Old 05-27-2014, 08:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Just wanted to add a quick update here. Due to wanting to incoorporate some last minute feedback from testing, submission got pushed back a wee bit. Good news though is that Quadblast got submitted to Apple last week, and is currently aiming for a release on June 5th! I've added some gameplay footage above of the first couple minutes with the game, including quickly stepping through the tutorial, to hopefully provide a clearer view of how the controls work
Old 06-03-2014, 01:25 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Just wanted to add a quick update here. Due to wanting to incoorporate some last minute feedback from testing, submission got pushed back a wee bit. Good news though is that Quadblast got submitted to Apple last week, and is currently aiming for a release on June 5th! I've added some gameplay footage above of the first couple minutes with the game, including quickly stepping through the tutorial, to hopefully provide a clearer view of how the controls work
This game looks really cool. So release is still on for june the 5th?
Old 06-03-2014, 03:34 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
This game looks really cool. So release is still on for june the 5th?
Yup, should be out on the App Store this Thursday
Old 06-03-2014, 04:43 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Yup, should be out on the App Store this Thursday
Alright! Looking forward to this! I love dual stick games and simple vector like games, so looking forward to playing this unique controls game. Looks awesome in the videos.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Early access codes

Hi folks,

It's admittedly out this Thursday, and is going to be free anyway, so not THAT amazing a deal, but I have some promo codes left over from speaking to journalists, so if you'd like a sneak preview of Quadblast, feel free to grab one.

XN767PKLTH9E
67AAKPY77WTX
XXEXR3NLNP3Y
MHM3LTMJTENY
RW9N96KW6KHW

Please post the one you've used to save confusion. I'd love to hear any feedback you may have

Closed Thread