★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Repulze by Pixelbite ~ Now $1

04-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Repulze by Pixelbite ~ Now $1

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
04-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Best combat racer on the app store. Nothing even comes close.

Highly recommended.

04-18-2014, 11:01 PM
I bought it immediately. Been waiting a long time for a sale.
04-19-2014, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

Highly recommended.
How's the iap? It seems there is a ton of them. What about the phases, do you have to buy them? Is there a bunch of grinding in this game? Sorry for the many questions but I know I can trust you on games.
04-19-2014, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
How's the iap? It seems there is a ton of them. What about the phases, do you have to buy them? Is there a bunch of grinding in this game? Sorry for the many questions but I know I can trust you on games.
Quote from the main thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI Light Rock View Post
Allow me to clarify every single IAP. There are toolkit IAPs that help you to instantly get a number of toolkits. This IAP is not necessary since you can get them in Phase 2 and 3. There is another toolkit IAP that expands your storage for toolkits. Again, this is not necessary since you will increase your storage space after ranking up by completing challenges. Check out the rank rewards page in-game under Profile. But buying this IAP allows you to get even more insane storage space than usual (Your max after ranking all the way up is 150 without IAP, 200+ with the IAP), though its rather unnecessary.

There is another IAP to unlock the best hovercraft in this game, SYN-1101. This is not compulsory since you will eventually unlock this when you reach a very high rank. Check out the rank rewards page again.

The last batch of IAPs is the gold paint schemes of all 7 hovercrafts in this game. Most of them look really pretty, so go ahead and buy them if you wish. But again it's not necessary since the only effect of using this gold paint scheme is that you get double the usual amount of XP, or perhaps another function is to...show off ...The only not so nice gold paint scheme is for the hovercraft Nousagi.

I wrote that review, btw Hope I cleared up the misunderstandings around here Don't hesitate to buy if you love racing, especially with combat! It's totally worth the buck, and I would even buy it at its original price without much hesitation

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
04-19-2014, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Habakuk's quote is spot on. None of the IAP are required, because they are cheats that get you endgame stuff very early, making them more as cheats than anything.

I have almost completed all challenges, and i have not spent IAPs on this one.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

Highly recommended.
Mario kart like?
04-19-2014, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vii-Lucky View Post
Mario kart like?
It's more like F-Zero.

For Mario Kart-like games you have Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and Transformed and Mole Kart (blatant rip-off, but it's kinda ok). Tiki Kart and Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2 are also like Mario Kart, but I didn't play those.
04-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post
It's more like F-Zero.

For Mario Kart-like games you have Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and Transformed and Mole Kart (blatant rip-off, but it's kinda ok). Tiki Kart and Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2 are also like Mario Kart, but I didn't play those.
Mmmmmmm.....F-Zero. The original on SNES is still one of my favorite games of all time. It was so ahead of its time.
04-19-2014, 09:29 AM
Probably the closest iOS has come to getting a decent futuristic racer, it's not wipeout but it doesn't try to be and has some original ideas of its own which keep things interesting. A lot of people seemed ready to hate on this before trying it on release, they soon changed their tune once they'd played it though.