★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ascendancy (space game) $6.99--->Freee

04-19-2014, 06:30 PM
#1
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 49
Ascendancy (space game) $6.99--->Freee

Complicated game
04-19-2014, 07:14 PM
#2
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,104
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid




This is one of my all time favorite games. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who's a fan of 4X games...

04-19-2014, 07:27 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 988
This a GREAT free Easter gift.
04-19-2014, 07:55 PM
#4
Not on sale in the US?
04-19-2014, 08:04 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 475
Is there a beginers guide to this? I've never played a 4X game but I'd like to try
04-19-2014, 08:34 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by spader623 View Post
Is there a beginers guide to this? I've never played a 4X game but I'd like to try
4x is similar to Warcraft, Starcraft, Red Alert, etc. type of strategy. It can also be turn based like Heroes of M&M, Advanced Wars, etc. Im sure you'd be familiar with at least one of those?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-19-2014, 08:49 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
4x is similar to Warcraft, Starcraft, Red Alert, etc. type of strategy. It can also be turn based like Heroes of M&M, Advanced Wars, etc. Im sure you'd be familiar with at least one of those?
Uhm... I've heard it's more like sins of a solar empire, and I've only played a bit of fire emblem, though I do own Starcraft.
04-19-2014, 08:49 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by spader623 View Post
Is there a beginers guide to this? I've never played a 4X game but I'd like to try
Ascendancy can be complicated, but it's a rich strategy game worth the learning curve - http://www.b-sting.nl/ascendancy/
04-19-2014, 08:57 PM
#9
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
4x is similar to Warcraft, Starcraft, Red Alert, etc. type of strategy. It can also be turn based like Heroes of M&M, Advanced Wars, etc. Im sure you'd be familiar with at least one of those?
Come'on man. Those are RTS games. And TBS.

For 4X think Civilization, Age of Empires, Total war.
04-19-2014, 09:13 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Ascendancy can be complicated, but it's a rich strategy game worth the learning curve - http://www.b-sting.nl/ascendancy/
Thanks. This will help a lot. I hope.