Mature Rated Games. The kids love it.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greatgoat, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I have seen many kids of age 9 or maybe 8 years old enjoying God of war.

Seriously, God of war, its the best game i have ever play! The controls,gameplay, graphics, storyline, and of course the violence and brutallity, I love it all!

In GoW3, graphics are really great with the PS3 and the scene when kratos cut this greek guy's leg(i forgot the name, was it Perseus? watever) WOW!! Thats brutal!

And kids love it too, they even imitate Kratos voice........ :c shouldnt the parents be worried? i dont really care much about it actually, but when i was 13yrs old.. or maybe 15yrs old.. my first "mature rated" games was Mortal Kombat II. U guys should look at the graphic, its in 2D.. its unfair, and i gotta play it when my parents were not around.. oh there are no nudity in mortal kombat :(

So what was your first mature rated games? Did your parents stop you from playing it?

2. Stormourner

Stormourner Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    I played Mortal Kombat 2 and 3, my parents didn't stop me from playing them :D now the violent games are now the victims of the paranoid and overprotective parents' stupidity along with the politicians

let the kids play violent video games since it's all their parents' problem :p

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #3 coolpepper43, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    Well it was before they even had a rating system. Doom obviously, then duke nukem, carmageddon, mortal combat, GTA, PC game Kingpin: life of crime. I'm not even including all of the hundreds of s*x simulators I'm constantly playing. My parents never cared and I turned out fine. Only been to prison twice.

4. Stormourner

Jan 31, 2014
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    you where in the prison twice?? what did you doooo???

5. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I broke a man's arm because he looked at me funny. Then I went back to prison for breaking his other arm for the same reason.

I'm joking btw.
    :D

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Halo ;)

Played it all the time at a friend's house so my parents couldn't do anything about it

7. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Halo? How old are you?

8. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Let's just say I spend most of my time in a retirement home

9. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Touché

10. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Gotcha!

11. Stormourner

Jan 31, 2014
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    oh I see XD

12. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Chiller at the arcade shit got me off

13. Spaztika

Spaztika Active Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Ontario
    Hmm.. I just remembered that my dad use to let me watch him play (and let me okay too) Wolfenstein 3D. But when I was a teenager it was hell to convince him to let me play an M rated game. I remember arguing with him even when I did hit 17.

Haha, I really want to talk to him about this now. I played Wolfenstein, Doom, Duke Nukem, etc..

14. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #14 coolpepper43, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Back in my day... Pong was very controversial... balls bouncing around the screen and what not. Then when PAC Man came out people were in an uproar. EATING BALLS!? How obscene!

15. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    My nine year old daughter loves call of duty and the latest gta. Some of you may know that I check every game before she plays it and these were titles that I'd personally not have picked for her, however she saw her older cousins play and then had a turn at her aunts house, I was pissed off at first but didn't say anything as I can't control what other parents let their kids do, and stopping her visiting her aunts seemed like an over reaction so I had to accept that when she is there she'll be able to watch these games, so I figured if she was gonna be watching them then I had to discuss them with her etc, she's a really mature 9 though, polite, well mannered, well behaved etc so I don't think the argument about violent games turning kids into maniacs holds much weight, at least from what I've seen. I'll not be purchasing them for her and she has never asked to play my modern warfare but shell have the occasional go at her cousins. The type of parents a kid has, has way more effect on how they will be as adults than video games will, I think the video games get the flack for bad behaviour wrongly a lot if the time, when actually, it's a symptom of shitty parenting. Just my opinion.