★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Swim & Flip 'Dolphin Up' (Universal) $2.99 > zero

04-20-2014, 06:55 AM
Swim & Flip 'Dolphin Up' (Universal) $2.99 > zero

Very recommended! After some minutes I've got the rhythm of it and almost couldn't stop any more. Cool live-notation about your stunts, loopings and jumps. Perfect casual skillness game. The pre-selected controls (invisible buttons for direction) are precise and working very good. Enchanting to watch and play. Note: The tutorial didn't work here either on iPad Air and iPhone 5, but it's not necessary at all. Seven highscore lists and 14 achievements via Game Center. No IAPs, no ads.

Two minutes.
Two characters.
Two control methods.
Two buttons.
Two sceneries.
Two dimensional environment.
Two game modes.
Two zero $ sales until now.

==> Lots of support (FAQ, Tricktionary, Flash version…) at the dev's website! <==

The video has no sound but the iOS software offers nice effect sounds:

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 04-21-2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Wrong video, sorry
04-20-2014, 06:59 AM
wow, used to play this all the time on my PC.

04-20-2014, 09:20 AM
Not free on the US store, but agreed, the game looks like fantastic fun. May have to get this even at the $2.99 price.
04-20-2014, 09:46 AM
^ Absolutely. The iOS adaption works very nice. The free Flash version (tested with OS X Safari) called Dolphin Olympics 2 is pretty fun as well and works with four buttons. The iOS version has some kind of auto acceleration.

Incredible what's possible in a 2D environment with all viable combinations of just two buttons. The more I'm playing, the more artistic movements are coming up (still not tried the second control option). First achievement: Attract a school of 10 fish.

Attractive.

(Don't know what's going on with that sale. International App Info shows free here in AT. Second zero-sale ever btw. The first one was in October but for a few hours only.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 04-20-2014 at 10:14 AM.
04-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
^ Absolutely. The iOS adaption works very nice. The free flash version (tested with OS X Safari) called Dolfin Olympics 2 is pretty fun as well and works with four buttons. iOS has some kind of auto acceleration.

Incredible what's possible in a 2D environment with all possible combinations of just two buttons. The more I'm playing, the more artistic movements are coming up (still not tried the second control option). First achievement: Attract a school of 10 fish.

Attractive.

(Don't know what's going on with that sale. International App Info shows free here.)
It just went free and I grabbed it. Thanks for the heads up
04-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
It just went free and I grabbed it. Thanks for the heads up
You're welcome! Since all the bells are back from Rome…

Hidden Gem Alarm!!!

(Glad that the freebie works in good old U.S. as well. But hurry up folks, because the first zero-sale in October—I missed it—didn't last for even 24 hours.)

04-21-2014, 11:12 AM
No longer on sale in the US
04-21-2014, 06:21 PM
This game is really cool.
04-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Wish I hadn't waited so long
06-19-2016, 01:18 PM
Free again!