★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Who's sick of sales?

08-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Who's sick of sales?

There have been so many game sales recently, and I am sick of them. Sales are good especially on games like Doom but when they're so close together my wallet can't take it!

I know that it isn't a discussion point (my above rant) but say you promised yourself you wouldn't buy any more games on sale for a while, what game sales would make you cave in and buy the game?

For me, I'm only going to buy Worma when it goes on sale, and maybe something like killtest if it has an introductory sale.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
08-19-2009, 11:44 AM
i think your weird. why would you hate sales? I dont understand people getting mad because prices of games are dropping. You dont need to get every game that gets a sale.

08-19-2009, 11:48 AM
introductory sales dont work
08-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yournothere View Post
i think your weird. why would you hate sales? I dont understand people getting mad because prices of games are dropping. You dont need to get every game that gets a sale.
Some people unlike others have not much money and stick to a budget. When loads of games you've waited to go on sale for all go on sale at the same time it is costly.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
08-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffusion8r View Post
Some people unlike others have not much money and stick to a budget. When loads of games you've waited to go on sale for all go on sale at the same time it is costly.
if a lot of games you've waited for go on sales, its basically like a buy 1 get one free. I rather buy 2 games that are on sale then getting 1 game for a high price.
08-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffusion8r View Post
There have been so many game sales recently, and I am sick of them. Sales are good especially on games like Doom but when they're so close together my wallet can't take it!

I know that it isn't a discussion point (my above rant) but say you promised yourself you wouldn't buy any more games on sale for a while, what game sales would make you cave in and buy the game?

For me, I'm only going to buy Worma when it goes on sale, and maybe something like killtest if it has an introductory sale.

Sounds like you just need some willpower, friend...not less sales.

Current Favorites: Starbase Orion, Spelltower, PuzzleJuice, Mass Effect, Waking Mars
08-19-2009, 11:54 AM
I think the point he's trying to make is that sales make you buy games you wouldn't have bought if they were full price, therefore wallets get lighter unexpectedly.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
08-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Sponger View Post
introductory sales dont work
How so?

They work on me

(I'm currently tracking $75 worth of games in PandoraBox. I have no objection to paying full price, and often do... but I want MORE games. Always MORE So sales are welcome sometimes.)

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)
08-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I think the point he's trying to make is that sales make you buy games you wouldn't have bought if they were full price, therefore wallets get lighter unexpectedly.
well, thats the point of sales.
08-19-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm all for sales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!