★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hamster Vice Texture Tutorial

08-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Hamster Vice Texture Tutorial

Hi guys,

I thought I'd share some behind-the-scenes love and show you how I texture the models I build for the Hamster Vice: Roach Wars real-time strategy game coming soon. I model and texture and Javier Davalos (Quantum Collapse) does the magic coding. Sit back with a tasty beverage and enjoy. Take care.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Dwayne
Vice Commander
More info about the game:
http://www.diehardstudio.com (the link is on the right menu)
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...t=hamster+vice
08-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Great Video! especially for someone like me who is trying to find a spot in the video game industry (cant decide if i want to do graphics, coding, etc)

BTW That program looks great but its a little expensive (i know theres a 30 day trial). do u know of any free ones i could use that dont have all the functionality but have better texturing than blender

Glad to see the game coming along and i cant wait for it!

Plus+ Name: kuler51
OpenFeint Name: kuler51
--Add Me--
08-19-2009, 02:06 PM
So that's how they paint 3D models...

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
08-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Texture apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuler51 View Post
Great Video! especially for someone like me who is trying to find a spot in the video game industry (cant decide if i want to do graphics, coding, etc)

BTW That program looks great but its a little expensive (i know theres a 30 day trial). do u know of any free ones i could use that dont have all the functionality but have better texturing than blender

Glad to see the game coming along and i cant wait for it!
I think you could try using an application called Blender. I believe you can do textures with it. Been a while since I used it. blender.org

Good luck

Dwayne
Vice Commander
08-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice Commander View Post
I think you could try using an application called Blender. I believe you can do textures with it. Been a while since I used it. blender.org

Good luck

Dwayne
Vice Commander
Not to be mean but did u read my post? I need something easier than blender cuz blender is kind of difficult to texture models like your plane

Plus+ Name: kuler51
OpenFeint Name: kuler51
--Add Me--