Movie Industry - a mobile game about running a film studio.Looking for your feedback!
Hey there guys! We're a startup studio Rhapsody Games and for the last 12 months we've been working on our first project, the one that we've agreed to call "Movie Industry". The name is quite explicitly tells what game is actually about - running a movie studio in Hollywood and shooting movies. In a way it resembles The Movies by mr. Molyneux, but we decided to focus more on managing/business side. And we try not to overpromise
- - Kick-ass pixel art visuals and slick-lookigng GUI;
- - USA map, a huge market available for your conquest;
- - 40+ different craftable movie sets in 6 settings - Adventure, Fantasy, Modern, Historical, Space, War;
- - 60+ character costumes;
- - 6 types of upgradable buildings;
- - 5 character types - Directors, Actors, Camera men, Scriptwriters and VFX guys, each of them with personal skillset;
- - 20+ marketing cards;
- - Quirky storyline, based on rivalry with your former friend.
This is how the Studio looks like
A collection of craftable movie sets
USA map, where players open new offices, stores and workshops for set parts
As you can see, from POV perspective Movie Industry is unusual for a common strategy-and-sim games. But we think it works better for this particular setting. Players start with a small and dusty office and scriptwriters shack, and they progress through upgrading their offices and accessing more and more advanced technologies.
Crafting and collecting new movie sets are a big part of the gameplay. Players should collect 4 unique parts in order to craft a new set and use it for shooting new movies.
The game is in alpha right now, i.e. everything is working like it should, we're just now adding layers of polishing on it.
The target platforms would be iOS and Android, with possible PC release as well later on.
The game is free2play, however we tackle players progression gently and won't squeeze pennies from players.
The most important thing for us right now is to gather actual feedback. What do you guys think about our game based on the information above? What would you like us to include in the game? What do you think about the name?
Last edited by JustaDevil; 04-29-2014 at 09:03 AM. Reason: added video