Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-22-2014, 03:27 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Movie Industry - a mobile game about running a film studio.Looking for your feedback!

Hey there guys! We're a startup studio Rhapsody Games and for the last 12 months we've been working on our first project, the one that we've agreed to call "Movie Industry". The name is quite explicitly tells what game is actually about - running a movie studio in Hollywood and shooting movies. In a way it resembles The Movies by mr. Molyneux, but we decided to focus more on managing/business side. And we try not to overpromise

Features:
  • - Kick-ass pixel art visuals and slick-lookigng GUI;
  • - USA map, a huge market available for your conquest;
  • - 40+ different craftable movie sets in 6 settings - Adventure, Fantasy, Modern, Historical, Space, War;
  • - 60+ character costumes;
  • - 6 types of upgradable buildings;
  • - 5 character types - Directors, Actors, Camera men, Scriptwriters and VFX guys, each of them with personal skillset;
  • - 20+ marketing cards;
  • - Quirky storyline, based on rivalry with your former friend.

TRAILER

This is how the Studio looks like

A collection of craftable movie sets

USA map, where players open new offices, stores and workshops for set parts

As you can see, from POV perspective Movie Industry is unusual for a common strategy-and-sim games. But we think it works better for this particular setting. Players start with a small and dusty office and scriptwriters shack, and they progress through upgrading their offices and accessing more and more advanced technologies.

Crafting and collecting new movie sets are a big part of the gameplay. Players should collect 4 unique parts in order to craft a new set and use it for shooting new movies.

The game is in alpha right now, i.e. everything is working like it should, we're just now adding layers of polishing on it.
The target platforms would be iOS and Android, with possible PC release as well later on.
The game is free2play, however we tackle players progression gently and won't squeeze pennies from players.

The most important thing for us right now is to gather actual feedback. What do you guys think about our game based on the information above? What would you like us to include in the game? What do you think about the name?

Last edited by JustaDevil; 04-29-2014 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: added video
Old 04-22-2014, 03:31 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

It was great till freetoplay.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:51 AM

Good idea but bad concept, graphic and design. Theres to much games looking like this already. In todays times its just no, no and no. And above all free2play.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:07 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I'd say there is whole new breed of f2p games (like this one for instance http://toucharcade.com/2014/04/21/wi...ight-2-review/) that are more gentle and ethical in terms of monetization. We tend to be among this breed, that's why we've decided to ask Touch arcade community. You guys are hardcore players and certainly have a very high standards of quality. But first and foremost goal for our game is to be fun to play.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:45 AM

This looks cool to me, I like that you can change sets and costumes and stuff. I'm kind if curious how you collect them, in general I dig games like this.

Also wondering what iap would be in a game like this, I'm guessing premium currency to skip timers? The art looks super nice from what you have posted.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:48 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Surprised this kind of game hasn't been released yet. Good job on tackling it. Please keep the timers and IAP reasonable. It's got a lot of potential, but being too aggressive with those things could kill it.

Totally thought Pixely People Making Movies would be more like this. But this reminded me of that a little but definitely expanded to a sim. Looking forward to giving it a shot.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:28 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaDevil View Post
I'd say there is whole new breed of f2p games (like this one for instance http://toucharcade.com/2014/04/21/wi...ight-2-review/) that are more gentle and ethical in terms of monetization. We tend to be among this breed, that's why we've decided to ask Touch arcade community. You guys are hardcore players and certainly have a very high standards of quality. But first and foremost goal for our game is to be fun to play.
I'm neither a hardcore gamer or a casual gamer, I'm just a gamer. not all F2P games are the same
Old 04-22-2014, 03:42 PM

Looks good, can't wait to play.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Surprised this kind of game hasn't been released yet. Good job on tackling it. Please keep the timers and IAP reasonable. It's got a lot of potential, but being too aggressive with those things could kill it.

Totally thought Pixely People Making Movies would be more like this. But this reminded me of that a little but definitely expanded to a sim. Looking forward to giving it a shot.
Didn't know about this game until you mentioned it. It looks fun, but in our title the gameplay is absolutely different, concentrated on developing distribution network, building studio and leveling up you characters. And yes, we definitely will keep IAP reasonable.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:02 AM

So what is your overall goal for this game? Is it to make a lot of money or just entertain? If it was to make money, you came to the wrong place. TA members tend to be cheap and hate f2p games just because at some point money is involved.

I honestly believe you have a strong product and with the right screenshots and a feature on the front page, you'll do well.

Good luck!