Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-23-2014, 05:14 AM

Default Suited Up - (by Anson Brown)

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 73.0 MB.

Price in NZ is $2.59 which should translate to USD $1.99

Requirements :

Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Suited Up is a difficult, one-touch platformer that requires players to visualize each jump.

The controls in Suited Up are simple, yet difficult to master. Tap where you wish the top of the jump arc to be and the suit does the rest. No on-screen joysticks or buttons to get in your way.

Levels in Suited Up can be punishing -- you will die. A lot.

Suited Up contains a level editor that allows a staggering amount of control over the look and feel of created levels. Designed similarly to a layer-based art program, the level editor lets you use your imagination to create very unique levels.

Once you have created a level, you can make it available to anyone and see how they stack up against you in your own creation.

Features

- Simple, yet difficult to master one-touch controls
- Powerful integrated level editor
- Share your own levels with your friends and the world or download levels made by others
- ALL levels contain global leaderboards, including player created
- Local and global ghosts. Compete against yourself or the world
- Complete challenges to unlock tons of different suit colors
- Dropbox integration for syncing between devices
- Game Center achievements
- Playable in landscape and portrait orientations
- Universal for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- No IAP. Pay once and never again

Note: A zoom out feature is coming in the next update, which will be right after release. This should help players find the level exits easier.
iPhone Screenshots

Old 04-23-2014, 05:18 AM

I remember this from the upcoming thread, looks really promising
Old 04-23-2014, 07:18 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-23-2014, 08:31 AM

Yea, I'm liking the look of this.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:22 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Thanks guys. Hopefully we'll have some people on there soon building and competing on each others levels.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:29 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Where is everyone? This game better not get overlooked. It's excellent. So often platformers try to emulate consoles and handhelds and cram the screen with buttons. Some times, they work incredibly well. Other times, they're poor. Suited Up takes a simple one touch control scheme and crafts a challenging platformer around it. Better yet, it isn't some auto-runner, but a game of precision and skill. Tapping the apex of your desired jump is probably the most intuitive controls I've experienced for a platformer on IOS. This doesn't make the game easier either; figuring out the best angle, the most efficient route, how to avoid the obstacles and hazards in each level, make Suited Up a satisfying challenge. Improving your time, completing levels under par, and collecting hard-to-reach items add replay value to the levels.

But beyond the fun campaign, Suited Up offers infinite possibilities thanks to its simple yet deep level editor. While actually learning how to navigate the menus and applying properties has a slight learning curve, the actual process of crafting levels couldn't be easier. There are already some excellent community levels

Last edited by Bronxsta; 04-23-2014 at 06:40 PM..
Old 04-23-2014, 03:33 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I've added a feature that lets you zoom out to view the entire level. I'll submit a new update with these feature and probably some more soon.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:36 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Where is everyone? This game better not get overlooked. It's excellent. So often platformers try to emulate consoles and handhelds and cram the screen with buttons. Some times, they work incredibly well. Other times, they're poor. Suited Up takes a simple one touch control scheme and crafts a challenging platformer around it. Better yet, it isn't some auto-runner, but a game of precision and skill. Tapping the apex of your desired jump is probably the most intuitive controls I've experienced for a platform on IOS. This doesn't make the game easier either; figuring out the best angle, the most efficient route, how to avoid the obstacles and hazards in each level, make Suited Up a satisfying challenge. Improving your time, completing levels under par, and collecting hard-to-reach items add replay value to the levels.

But beyond the fun campaign, Suited Up offers infinite possibilities thanks to its simple yet deep level editor. While actually learning how to navigate the menus and applying properties has a slight learning curve, the actual process of crafting levels couldn't be easier. There are already some excellent community levels
Had my eyes on this and with your impressions it was an easy smash the $$button. But honestly, i'm going where "all" the others are right now, going Wayward. But i'll be back, for sure.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:40 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
Had my eyes on this and with your impressions it was an easy smash the $$button. But honestly, i'm going where "all" the others are right now, going Wayward. But i'll be back, for sure.
Hah. Even I'm going Wayward. Hope to see you back here, though!
Old 04-24-2014, 02:49 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Ok, your description doesn't lie at all. Damn hard, indeed. The circumstance not beeing able to look around (changing land- to portrait mode is very awkward) is not enjoyable at this moment, at least for me. This makes it also very difficult to be on par with the time. I put your game on hold until:

"Note: A zoom out feature is coming in the next update, which will be right after release. This should help players find the level exits easier."

Ehm...by zooming out, do you mean that i can go on with the game just with a smaller map or just to see the goal and than zoom back to normal to game on ?