Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul (by Bandai Namco)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by italodance, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    [​IMG]

Soulcalibur is becoming a mobile game. Bandai Namco has announced Unbreakable Soul--and that's about it. You can see this logo (above), but no other details have been revealed other than the fact that it's "coming soon."

The last time Bandai Namco adapted a fighting franchise onto mobile, they created Tekken Card Tournament, a drastic departure from the mainline series. And while platforms haven't been announced for Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul, Tekken Card Tournament appeared on both iOS and Android.

Via:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/84177/soulcalibur-goes-mobile-with-unbreakable-soul

2. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Color me interested...

Although their latest free SC game on PS3 is not that good, so I'm reserving excitement just yet.

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Well, they did a pretty good job with the SC port, but still... The Tekken Arena and the Tekken Card Tournament apps... Ugh.

4. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Tekken Card Tournament is actually pretty fun. It does a good job of incorporating fighting game style mind games in a card game format. Not as well as Yomi, though, of course. And it has all the hated feemium trimmings, unlike Yomi. But it's not bad for a free game.

That said, I really hope this isn't another card game. I think I would actually not mind something like their new free PS3 game on the mobile platform, as much as I hate it on PS3, if that makes sense.

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Yes, it was ok (I played Card Tournament a bit), but still, from the Tekken franchise I expect actual fighting games, and not experiments. The same goes for Soul Calibur, and somehow I feel like this will be another let-down.

6. riverstomp

riverstomp Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    #6 riverstomp, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    Crash

Doesnt work on my iPad 2 (latest iOS). After start during "Now Loading" the app crashes at the 28.34% mark. :(