Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-25-2014, 03:17 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Sky Force 2014 (by Infinite Dreams)

Quote:
The mobile blaster legend is back to celebrate its 10-year anniversary in super-destructive style. Harnessing the intensity of classic arcade shoot-’em-ups combined with the hottest smartphone technology, Sky Force 2014 offers a stunning scrolling shooter experience with an incredible new social gameplay element.

Ten years ago, IGN said, “Put simply, Sky Force is amazing.” Scoring an incredible 9.5 out of 10, Sky Force took the early mobile gaming scene by force.

And now it’s back. Bigger, bolder and more intense than ever.

This 10th anniversary edition adds incredible depth to the series through stunning 3D graphics, intuitive touchscreen controls and a powerful upgrade system that’ll keep you blasting for hours on end.

Weekly tournaments take place on unique new levels as you battle it out against legions of other Sky Force 2014 players, offering great rewards not only for winning, but for rescuing other pilots who’ve already been taken down!

The hottest shooter is no push over, but the invigorating gameplay and vast library of
achievements will keep both casual players and hardcore gamers hooked as you upgrade your ship and take it a little deeper into the incredible battlefield time after time.

FEATURES:

* Beautiful levels with immersive missions to complete.
* Multiple extreme boss battles.
* Upgrade your shields, guns, missiles, lasers, mega-bombs and magnets.
* Risk everything to rescue civilians.
* Brand new weekly tournaments against other players.
* Boost your final score with a host of in-game achievements.
* Rescue fallen opponents to win extra lives and stars.
* Accessible to beginners, as well as hardcore shooter addicts.
* Full voiceover and incredible electronic soundtrack.

Get ready for the fight of your life in Sky Force 2014.

Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

*First 11 pages of this thread refer to the soft-launch version of the game. The comments on the worldwide version follows from here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3247651

*Known bugs and issues:
No sound in the game.
This is a bug related to Unity 3D engine and some plugins we use. We have no direct control over it but are looking at other ways of fixing it. To get the sound to work - restart the game (more than once, if necessary).

Where are the IAPs?
The IAPs are available in the Hangar (the upgrade menu) once you spend at least 1000 stars on upgrades. It shows as a small cart button under the amount of stars you have. The delay is for you to evaluate how much you need the IAPs before you start throwing your money at us :-)

Best regards,
Peter,
Infinite Dreams.

Last edited by PeterID; 07-18-2014 at 05:49 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 03:20 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Any estimate for the worldwide release?

Also, do you plan on keeping the game free or is it just for the soft-launch? I'm presuming it's a free-to-play title.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:20 AM

I don't know how well bullet hell/shoot em ups work on ios, but I'm downloading now to find out.

But god damn, those screenshots sure look good
Old 04-25-2014, 03:22 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

^They can work very well, i've got a folder full of them, relative touch is superb for shooters like this

Somehow missed this thread earlier, roll on 12am, i'll be buying this later for sure, it looks great
Old 04-25-2014, 03:22 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty128 View Post
I don't know how well bullet hell/shoot em ups work on ios, but I'm downloading now to find out.

But god damn, those screenshots sure look good
You haven't played any other bullet hell/shmups on iOS yet? Not even the CAVE ones, Danmaku Unlimited 2, Phoenix HD, Sine Mora or Plasma Sky? O_o I'd say touchscreens are the ideal way to play them.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:24 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Somehow missed this thread earlier...
Silly psj, the thread's not even 10 minutes old.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:27 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Silly psj, the thread's not even 10 minutes old.
Didnt realise its a soft launch so it wont be out worldwide later. Just a soft launch for now (I've amended the title)
Old 04-25-2014, 03:36 AM

Bullet hell isn't really my genre, although I played a lot of rtype as a kid, and I loved sine mora on xbox for its gameplay, boss battles and especially it's plot.

What I've seen of this game is gorgeous. Theres leveling up of your craft, so I guess there's progression there as well as progression through different missions. I'm looking forward to playing more over the weekend
Old 04-25-2014, 03:37 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Like the previous titles, the lack of RT kinda turns me off...

You'd think it'd be a standard by now, I'm always surprised when developers don't do or care enough about market research... It's brought up in EVERY shmup thread...
Old 04-25-2014, 04:04 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

@Snotty128: The game isn't really a bullet hell. At least not until the Insane Difficulty.

@syntheticvoid: Please check the options. In the "upcoming" thread I promissed Exact-Psience to include relative touch control and it's there. Just not as the default control method.

I would like to encourage anyone playing Sky Force 2014 to befriend other players on GameCenter. We've included some social features in the game and we'd love to get some opinions about them. You can also earn some extra stars :-)

Best regards,
Peter,
Infinite Dreams.