Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-19-2009, 10:42 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Inkvaders + Lite [$0.99 Sale]

Youtube link | Pop Up

Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrir911 View Post
Inkvaders, what a beautiful game, simple game. Its fun and enjoyable with its nice artwork, it keeps me coming back to it.

Graphics: OHHHHH this is wear this game shines. Its outlandish artwork is so great. The artwork features a paper drawn style, with a background, a midground, and a foreground, the game just looks amazing. The cartoony gore and the animations are smooth to the point of satisfaction, and not to mention the midground animations too. The game sports some quirky drawn signs that feature some funny sayings. Although the game anly features 3 basic settings, Moon base, Military base, and the City, the landscapes are diverse enough for a game of this magnitude. (not to mention price)

Difficulty: Oh Yes! the difficulty... The game has three different modes, each one vamping up the difficulty. We have easy mode, which is well... super easy. Normal mode, which is nothing to crazy or hectic, this mode is quite easy if you have played this type of game, and last but not least, hard mode. Hard mode is the only mode I play in now because it is the most challenging. In hard mode you get less money than you do in medium and easy mode, you also get more enemies and they take more hits to kill than in easy or medium. This means, you spend more bullets, and make less money, chalenging, YES. I love the challenge in hard mode it seems to be what keeps me coming back to this game. I think I have invested well over 14 hours just playing endurance mode.

Story: The story is told in a notebook, which is very unique. The story is 30 "pages" and basicly consists of you fighting the enemies through these "pages". There seems to be no real storyline in place as of yet. All we know is that your some guy who started out in space, heads down to Earth, then fights his way through a city. There is no dialougue (or monologue for this case) no indication as to why hes realy going there, or how the world came to like this, all we know is that your some guy named G whos killing aliens. That does not detract from the game however, as a pick up & play game i did not intend for it to have a storyline, or a hint at one. The game is fun nontheless and enjoyable.

Sound: Another part where this game excels in is sound. It sports different soundtracks for each stage, and they are a blast to listen too, i find myself listening to the game music more than my music. If you do get annoyed by the music however, you can open your ipod playlist and choose one of your songs. The guns sound loud and powerful, and the exploding brains make a noise too. Overall the sound just compliments the graphics perfectly.

Gameplay: The gameplay is rather simple, you kill aliens and collect rock to gain money, you use the money to buy upgrades for your weapons, you get to the end of the level. Simple enough, but this game builds upon that concept by adding a jetpack, and a rush sequence. In every level their is a box with an 'R' wich will start a sequence that makes every enemy super fast, super vulnerable, do alot of damage and come from both sides, a Rush mode.
The jetpack also adds another level of depth, sort of like your last resort to get away from the action. The aliens cannot touch you if you are mid flight, nor do they follow you. You also use your jetpack to pick up the moonrocks to gain more money. Most everything else in this game is standard for this genre, upgrading weapons and what not.
The levels are simplistic at best, linear. With the addition of the jetpack i was hoping for some extras, like secondary areas and hidden stuff.

Overall: 5/5, The game went overboard with the graphics, and with the dev being active on these forums and listening to the suggestions some of us have given, i believe this game will only get better.

(The dev of this game has said he will consider bosses, which is something i look forward too, and an insane mode would be gracious too )

Last edited by vicente.ramirezch; 09-09-2009 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: video pics
Old 08-19-2009, 10:43 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

You really wanted to make sure you were the first to post this? Or is this just a joke???

EDIT: K, nevermind! This is awesome!

First post. lol (always wanted to say that!)

Last edited by sour; 08-19-2009 at 10:48 PM..
Old 08-19-2009, 10:44 PM

I was just getting an awkward craving for this.
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Just in case:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324428042&mt=8
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicente.ramirezch View Post
Wait a sec
Times up

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-19-2009 at 10:55 PM..
Old 08-19-2009, 10:45 PM

Default http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324428042&mt=8

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324428042&mt=8

Whoa was I late to the party?!.. =)

[EDIT] - Carlos beat me... Man i'm getting slow...
Old 08-19-2009, 10:46 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I'm downloading it now.

If the link does not work yet try make an iTunes search like I did.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:46 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I'm buying now!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:47 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Someone hook me up with a video before I buy it please.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:47 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug4Death View Post
I was just getting an awkward craving for this.
So was I... Still wondering if I should get this with $2.49 left in my account. Hmmm. Sure! What the heck! But my last 99c is going to geoDefense Swarm.