Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-27-2014, 12:16 PM

Default [Free] Protect Teddy (by Dilectus Games)

"Protect Teddy is one of the best games Iíve played on iOS so far." - Games in Asia

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by DilectusGames; 04-27-2014 at 02:06 PM..
Old 04-27-2014, 01:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Woh this looks nice.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Woh this looks nice.
I agree. Not a big fan of teddy bears, per se but those graphics look really well done. I'll be checking this out here in a bit.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:06 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quite refreshing. Kinda like fruit ninja, but with taps instead of swipes. What's awesome is the variety of enemies. Each enemy needs specific timing or conditions before they can be killed.

The upgrade system are similar to how the usual runner games (the Temple Run type of upgrade system) are implemented, and i dont see any timers at all which is nice.

As expected, the only flaw (not really, since it's freemium) is that it can get grindy to upgrade. There is a doubler for $3 which could help a lot with the grinding.

Visuals are bright and cheery, and original. I am not able to tell much of the sounds since i had my game on mute (baby's sleeping on my chest).

One thing that's unclear is if buying IAPs will remove the ads. Ads show at the end of a run, never ingame which is pretty significant.

So far im enjoying this. Will play more before i decide whether to get the doubler or not.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 04-27-2014 at 02:10 PM..
Old 04-27-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Quite refreshing. Kinda like fruit ninja, but with taps instead of swipes. What's awesome is the variety of enemies. Each enemy needs specific timing or conditions before they can be killed.

The upgrade system are similar to how the usual runner games (the Temple Run type of upgrade system) are implemented, and i dont see any timers at all which is nice.

As expected, the only flaw (not really, since it's freemium) is that it can get grindy to upgrade. There is a doubler for $3 which could help a lot with the grinding.

Visuals are bright and cheery, and original. I am not able to tell much of the sounds since i had my game on mute (baby's sleeping on my chest).

One thing that's unclear is if buying IAPs will remove the ads. Ads show at the end of a run, never ingame which is pretty significant.

So far im enjoying this. Will play more before i decide whether to get the doubler or not.
Thanks for the review and support. Glad you like the game, it meant a lot to us as this is our first game.

I will take note of the ads problem.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:37 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DilectusGames View Post
Thanks for the review and support. Glad you like the game, it meant a lot to us as this is our first game.

I will take note of the ads problem.
No problem man. Really like the game.

The ads arent really a problem. It's pretty cool they dont interfere with the gameplay. One Q though... If i buy the doubler will the ads go away forever?
Old 04-27-2014, 02:42 PM

I swear, any time I pop on the the forums real quick, there's ALWAYS something new that catches my eye. Lol

Gonna try it out now.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
No problem man. Really like the game.

The ads arent really a problem. It's pretty cool they dont interfere with the gameplay. One Q though... If i buy the doubler will the ads go away forever?
No it won't =(
But you know what, since you asked, I'll do just that on the next update =) So help me share out the game k?
Old 04-27-2014, 03:23 PM

I'm downloading now and had my girlfriend download it too. Showing some indie support
Old 04-27-2014, 04:01 PM

I've got to agree with EP, this is really fun and well done. Really liking the challenge and love how the combo system works.