Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-27-2014, 12:16 PM
DilectusGames DilectusGames is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16
Default [Free] Protect Teddy (by Dilectus Games)

"Protect Teddy is one of the best games Iíve played on iOS so far." - Games in Asia






Youtube link | Pop Up



Last edited by DilectusGames; 04-27-2014 at 02:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-27-2014, 01:34 PM
Exact-Psience Exact-Psience is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 15,966
Default

Woh this looks nice.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-27-2014, 01:48 PM
rich_952000 rich_952000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 6,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Woh this looks nice.
I agree. Not a big fan of teddy bears, per se but those graphics look really well done. I'll be checking this out here in a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-27-2014, 02:06 PM
Exact-Psience Exact-Psience is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 15,966
Default

Quite refreshing. Kinda like fruit ninja, but with taps instead of swipes. What's awesome is the variety of enemies. Each enemy needs specific timing or conditions before they can be killed.

The upgrade system are similar to how the usual runner games (the Temple Run type of upgrade system) are implemented, and i dont see any timers at all which is nice.

As expected, the only flaw (not really, since it's freemium) is that it can get grindy to upgrade. There is a doubler for $3 which could help a lot with the grinding.

Visuals are bright and cheery, and original. I am not able to tell much of the sounds since i had my game on mute (baby's sleeping on my chest).

One thing that's unclear is if buying IAPs will remove the ads. Ads show at the end of a run, never ingame which is pretty significant.

So far im enjoying this. Will play more before i decide whether to get the doubler or not.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 04-27-2014 at 02:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-27-2014, 02:25 PM
DilectusGames DilectusGames is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Quite refreshing. Kinda like fruit ninja, but with taps instead of swipes. What's awesome is the variety of enemies. Each enemy needs specific timing or conditions before they can be killed.

The upgrade system are similar to how the usual runner games (the Temple Run type of upgrade system) are implemented, and i dont see any timers at all which is nice.

As expected, the only flaw (not really, since it's freemium) is that it can get grindy to upgrade. There is a doubler for $3 which could help a lot with the grinding.

Visuals are bright and cheery, and original. I am not able to tell much of the sounds since i had my game on mute (baby's sleeping on my chest).

One thing that's unclear is if buying IAPs will remove the ads. Ads show at the end of a run, never ingame which is pretty significant.

So far im enjoying this. Will play more before i decide whether to get the doubler or not.
Thanks for the review and support. Glad you like the game, it meant a lot to us as this is our first game.

I will take note of the ads problem.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-27-2014, 02:37 PM
Exact-Psience Exact-Psience is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 15,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DilectusGames View Post
Thanks for the review and support. Glad you like the game, it meant a lot to us as this is our first game.

I will take note of the ads problem.
No problem man. Really like the game.

The ads arent really a problem. It's pretty cool they dont interfere with the gameplay. One Q though... If i buy the doubler will the ads go away forever?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-27-2014, 02:42 PM
NOEN NOEN is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,155
Default

I swear, any time I pop on the the forums real quick, there's ALWAYS something new that catches my eye. Lol

Gonna try it out now.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-27-2014, 03:14 PM
DilectusGames DilectusGames is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
No problem man. Really like the game.

The ads arent really a problem. It's pretty cool they dont interfere with the gameplay. One Q though... If i buy the doubler will the ads go away forever?
No it won't =(
But you know what, since you asked, I'll do just that on the next update =) So help me share out the game k?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-27-2014, 03:23 PM
rich_952000 rich_952000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 6,294
Default

I'm downloading now and had my girlfriend download it too. Showing some indie support
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-27-2014, 04:01 PM
rich_952000 rich_952000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 6,294
Default

I've got to agree with EP, this is really fun and well done. Really liking the challenge and love how the combo system works.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent