★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Aftershock Launch and Free Giveaway!

08-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Aftershock Launch and Free Giveaway!

* Youtube Video

* iTunes Link
* Website Link

Aftershock, the latest iPhone game created by Silton Solutions LLC, launched August 20th at midnight and is available in the iTunes App Store for US$0.99.

The base game mechanics of Aftershock was modeled after another casual game called “Chain RXN”, which is one of the most popular games on Facebook. Aftershock, however, includes multiple game modes with different rules and goals so players can constantly have different challenges as they play.

Aftershock is labeled as a “casual game”, which means that the targeted audience are those who enjoy games without complex instructions and don’t want to invest a large amount of time to learn how to play.

Aftershock was able to drop its price from the expected $1.99 to $0.99 by taking advantage of the new iPhone 3.0 OS feature of allowing apps to have “in-app” purchasing. There is already one expansion pack available for another $0.99 which provides the players with four additional game modes plus a sound effects editor. The Aftershock website, http://www.aftershockapp.com, has a poll available for fans to vote on what they would like to see in future expansion packs.

iPhone App Giveaway
To celebrate the launch of Aftershock, Silton Solutions will be giving away free copies of Silly Stories (http://www.sillystoriesapp.com) and Chalk a Lot (http://www.chalkalot.com), their other two iPhone apps.

To get a promo code for either app, Silton Solutions asks that players forward a copy of their iTunes sales receipt to info@siltonsolutions.com along with a note for which app they wish to have. Only one promo code per iTunes receipt will be provided, however a second promo code may be handed out if the receipt also includes Aftershock’s in-app purchase. Due to Apple only providing 50 free promo codes for each application, players must act fast to get their promo codes. Once Silton Solutions runs out of promo codes, the giveaway will end.

Last edited by SiltonSolutions; 08-20-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Added a link to the Youtube video.
08-20-2009, 01:45 AM
Looks pretty interesting, is there a video?

back

08-20-2009, 01:50 AM
is it me or is this game just like azplode
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=322848629&mt=8

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
Looks pretty interesting, is there a video?
There sure is! You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAUrum7xG4M
08-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
...or DotPop, or any number of games. There's even a bonus level in Gomi that plays like this!

I like how this one looks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
08-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Yep. Looks like your standard Boomshine game. Decent graphics, horrible frame rate, and I'm not sure this is the sort of game where DLC is appropriate or useful.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
08-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Yep. Looks like your standard Boomshine game. Decent graphics, horrible frame rate, and I'm not sure this is the sort of game where DLC is appropriate or useful.
Actually, the framerate issue is an artifact from the video capture application that I used (Jing). It plays very smoothly on the iPhone and iPod Touch. I will work on getting a smoother video online.
08-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiltonSolutions View Post
Actually, the framerate issue is an artifact from the video capture application that I used (Jing). It plays very smoothly on the iPhone and iPod Touch. I will work on getting a smoother video online.
Ah, that would make sense. I saw the video and it reminded me of the first Chain Reaction game to turn up on the App Store last November -- that one did have a terrible frame rate.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
08-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Ah, that would make sense. I saw the video and it reminded me of the first Chain Reaction game to turn up on the App Store last November -- that one did have a terrible frame rate.
That's actually why I decided to make this version. I was addicted to the Facebook one, but wanted a mobile version to play. I downloaded Boomshine, and that Chain Reaction one you mentioned, as well as Sneezies, and a couple more. But I didn't like any of them....so I figured I'd just write my own.

I did like Chain Reaction's concept of dropping as many "bombs" as you can to try to clear all the balls to progress to the next level...so I included that as one of the 5 different game modes in Aftershock. You get 30 shots to get as far in the game as you can.