★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Christiaan Rendle
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The villagers are counting on you to deliver much needed supplies to their villages around the world! AirDrop combines fun and skill as you try to successfully land the cargo on the targets via parachute. But beware; the ever-changing wind conditions make this challenge harder than it looks! Test your precision by either selecting "10 Rounds" where you try for the best of 10, or "High Score" where you keep going until you miss the target. Air Drop is set to beautiful landscapes and game graphics, and is sure to get people of all ages jumping for a go at the controls.

To play, "tap" the screen to drop your cargo, then "tap" again to open your parachute. Make sure you watch the windsock for wind direction and speed, as this will affect your accuracy. The target will reposition after each new drop. Good Luck!

AirDrop is available for both the iPhone and iPod Touch. Future free upgrade coming soon will include 3 levels of game play; easy, medium and hard; more scenes and the ability to share your scores with others.
08-20-2009, 03:17 AM
Look good! It seems a easy and funny!

I love iPhone

08-20-2009, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyWal22 View Post
Look good! It seems a easy and funny!
Hate to ask, but are you the dev?
08-20-2009, 07:02 AM
Great Graphics

Really want to know more about this game. It looks really nice, how does it play?
08-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Yes I have it, not had the time to give it a good go yet though. Looks nice though, but time will tell.
08-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I like the game. It has potential. There's no depth or something. It has two game modes (10 rounds and High Score) but the gameplay is the same.

Graphics are good. Animations need a tweak here and there to be even smoother. Controls work fine (tap to drop and another tap to open the parachute).

To make it interesting you have different wind velocities and drop locations that have different heights too.

For a pick up and play an online leader board would increase the replay value for sure. In addition, maybe later the developer could add different packages to drop (e.g. with different sizes and thus weight).

3/5

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
08-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks Guys

Hi Everyone,

I'm the developer of the game, and Christiaan is the game designer and graphic artist. I really appreciate everyone's feedback -- we've heard from several people now that an online leader board would be a great addition, so we are definitely going to look into it.

Carlos, as far as the animation smoothness issue, could you provide some detail where in the game you are experiencing the choppiness?

Thanks,

Mirko