• Publisher: Harmonix
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 89.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4 (2)
App description: From the makers of ROCK BAND and DANCE CENTRALThis is RECORD RUN!

Record Run is a free rhythm-runner that puts you in the middle of your music, chasing records and dodging obstacles to the beat in a crazy musical world. With gameplay levels created to play along with your music, this is a whole new way to run!

Harmonix has managed to transfer the desire for perfection that made Guitar Hero so compulsive into an endless runner. Pocket Gamer

Choose your runner from a fun cast of characters and jump, duck and dodge through the city on your way to high-scores! Collect records as you run to get awesome upgrades and unlocks!

(Note: RECORD RUN REQUIRES SONGS TO BE STORED LOCALLY ON YOUR DEVICE. Songs stored in the cloud must be downloaded to your device to be used. )

Record Run features an amazing hand-painted art style, characters with tons of personality, and moment-to-moment gameplay thats deeply musical and crazy fun. Users select songs from the music library on their device and run through levels along with their music that are created on the spot by all new Harmonix magic. Unlock content and currency through a series of exciting missions that track your progress and transform the city into an amazing Groove World."

Record Run also allows users to challenge their friends to song battles, fight it out on weekly leaderboards and much, much more!

***Note: iPod Touch 4G is not supported.
*** Record Run does not currently support streaming music services.
*** Record Run currently supports most audio formats, but is incompatible with DRM-locked .m4p format, previously sold in the iTunes Music Store.
04-29-2014, 12:59 PM
I'm downloading this now in NZ too

04-29-2014, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotty128 View Post
I'm downloading this now in NZ too
Thanks for the Hint. I will add the Information to the first post
04-29-2014, 02:54 PM
Whoa, this looks great! Love the style and the whole idea, especially that I can play with my own music. Looks really polished, with great detail.

When will this be avalable to the rest of the world? I hope soon.
04-29-2014, 04:26 PM
This looks great! Though I'd love some more impressions. I guess I could just go download it myself..

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa
04-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Here's the big question. For modern people like me who use Spotify and thus have no music library, what does the game play?
04-29-2014, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshW View Post
Whoa, this looks great! Love the style and the whole idea, especially that I can play with my own music. Looks really polished, with great detail.

When will this be avalable to the rest of the world? I hope soon.
I want to know too. I hate being left out here in the UK.
04-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Hi everyone! I'm the product manager for Record Run at Harmonix. I'm psyched to see people playing and talking about the game, and would love to hear impressions from those of you who have played, or answer any questions. To respond to a couple of things in the thread so far...

We do have plans to expand to other regions, and we'll announce as we go live in new territories. You can follow us on Twitter @RecordRun, or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/recordrun for the latest news.

For music: in order to generate gameplay levels based on your music, songs must be stored locally on your device.

Shout at me if you have additional feedback or questions!
04-29-2014, 08:11 PM
Hey Guys:

I'm John at Harmonix and I'm the project lead on this game. Psyched that some of you like the look/feel! Can't wait to see what you think of the game once you get it in your hands.

Re: the streaming question - Echoing what Hilary said, you do need to have stuff on your device. The game comes with a few Harmonix songs so you can check out the vibe of the title before you go through the process of adding songs that aren't streaming. There's always downloading the free song of the week if you just want to get some more gameplay.

We're looking into streaming tracks for the future, but that's not a possibility at the moment for a whole slew of reasons that makes me sad to think about.

As for other territories, we're hoping to have stuff outside of Canada, Australia and New Zealand REAL soon. Waiting to hear back about a new updated build submission and on a little bit of economy data so we can tune that stuff up, then we'll be launching soon after that.

Again, hope you guys give it a shot when it drops. We're pretty nervous about it (it's our first full-on mobile game), but psyched at the same time.

<3s,
JohnD