Gameloft in perspective.

04-29-2014, 01:43 PM
#1
Gameloft in perspective.

This thread is for anyone who has something to say about GL.

Last edited by goodboyback; 04-29-2014 at 01:45 PM.
04-29-2014, 01:47 PM
#2
They kinda kicked us out of MC5 thread.
I hope new BIA game isn't on rails.

04-29-2014, 01:48 PM
#3
Some of their games are good. Some of them aren't. All of them are pretty derivative, but they're also very slick - and there's a place in the world for slick unoriginal games.
04-29-2014, 01:55 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherlockEB View Post
They kinda kicked us out of MC5 thread.
I hope new BIA game isn't on rails.
Hehe,I don't blame them though it got off topic pretty quickly.
I hope that too sir,I loved the first one to death it was incredible,had great set pieces and was filled with upto the brim with little details specially how bullets pierced the ground and a splash of mud would show up really added to the feel.I just wish they would remake BIA 3 with Mc5 engine and in third person,like the first game.
04-29-2014, 01:57 PM
#5
that's not Gameloft that's Copyloft...

Game center ID: ip4weather
Upcoming horror games: The Apeiron Project Forgotten Memories In Fear I Trust Nowhere
04-29-2014, 01:59 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancj View Post
Some of their games are good. Some of them aren't. All of them are pretty derivative, but they're also very slick - and there's a place in the world for slick unoriginal games.
I agree,I actually liked most of their older rip off of uncharted and resident evil ut it seems that they have dropped in quality and even ambition,there's rarely a GL game that excites me anymore,I thought they had a great chance with TDKR but it ultimately fell a little short.More polish and focus on gameplay mechanics would help a great deal,Total mayhem is one such example.
04-29-2014, 02:34 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: yuma, az
Posts: 31
Gameloft has done a damn fine job bringing quality games to a mobile format. I have yet to see any of the big gaming companies come close. Yes they have some bad games but all in all they've done a fine job in a sort of new market.
04-29-2014, 02:39 PM
#8
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by waderain View Post
Gameloft has done a damn fine job bringing quality games to a mobile format. I have yet to see any of the big gaming companies come close. Yes they have some bad games but all in all they've done a fine job in a sort of new market.
I agree.
04-29-2014, 02:55 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by waderain View Post
Gameloft has done a damn fine job bringing quality games to a mobile format. I have yet to see any of the big gaming companies come close. Yes they have some bad games but all in all they've done a fine job in a sort of new market.
I used to feel the same way about them up until NOVA 3 but 2013 and 2014 changed my perspective.Games like oceanhorn and shadow sun coming from smaller devs aped all GL released in the last 2 years,I think it's been a case of bad influence form freemium as a result of which game mechanics have been sacrificed to insert freemium model.
04-29-2014, 03:14 PM
#10
I really like most of their games but what they did to GT: Racing 2 left a really bad taste in my mouth.