★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Freddie Flintoff Brings Cricket To iPhone

08-20-2009, 06:17 AM
Freddie Flintoff Brings Cricket To iPhone

Freddie Flintoff Cricket ’09 is the most realistic cricket game on your iPhone!

Featuring the world’s greatest all-rounder, you get the chance to play as Freddie himself by taking part in Triangular Series, 20-20 and a number of cliff-hanger scenarios. The game features the top ten international teams in world cricket, so you will be challenging yourself against the very best players in the world – so what are you waiting for, pad up and head out to the middle!

• Featuring the worlds greatest all-rounder Andrew ‘Freddie’ Flintoff
• A simple and intuitive control system, you will be hitting 4’s and 6’s to your hearts content.
• Authentic ball physics means that you can swing the ball through the air, or use the numerous spin options
• Amazing 3D graphics bring you the most graphically pleasing cricket game on the iPhone.
• Change your fielding set-up depending on your bowling strategy –attacking or defensive
• Fine tune your batting or bowling in the practice nets
• Test your skill and nerve with a range of match options.
• Top down snake view of 4 & 6 shots to show the exact placement of the ball

Go on...Catch yourself a great game!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by SportsCentral; 08-20-2009 at 06:28 AM.
08-20-2009, 06:19 AM
08-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Nice Game

Just got this and it plays well. The batting is pretty different from the other cricket games where you touch a spot on the screen to hit the ball with a different shot. You then need to position your batsman in the correct place and strike at the right time to hit perfectly.
I've only had in an hour so not very adept at it yet but really enjoying it so far.
Lots of game modes, 20/20, tournaments, practice nets and chalenges. Best cricket game on the iPhone I would say.
08-20-2009, 06:36 AM
any good?
08-20-2009, 07:02 AM
Good Cricket Game...Just as Ashes Finishes ;)

Hi All, I have just signed up to this site as a recomendation from a friend. This is going to be my first post.

I have just got this game, game it an hours play, and all I can say is 'What Value For Money'.

The modes i had to chose from were single games which i could set the amount of overs i wanted (One Day Internationals), challenges which DO challenge (a rarity in games nowadays), tournaments, twenty20 and practice...basically all modes you would expect.

As the guy above mentioned, you bat by hitting different parts of the screen, which can be helped by a screen overlay (i dont know the technical term for this). Timing is essencial as with cricket which is good, you do not get sixes/fours from just pressing it randomly.

The graphics are nice too, nice rendered images.

rounding up, this is a great game for the little price...it must be good as freddie has his name on it and is on the video!!!
08-20-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't think this looks very good. I wanted so badly to like it.

It seems like EVERY cricket game that comes out for the iPod brags that it is Finally the Cricket we have been waiting for, then the letdown comes through video.

Another issue I have is that the Features say 3D Graphics (I only see ONE scene that takes place in 3D...sort of). Well, the batting sure looks to be 2D. Even the still screenshots scream 2D.
Not to mention the batters framerate - Looks like about 3-5 frames to his full swing. Aren't we finally past stinky animations yet?

I think it's time for Gameloft, EA, or X2 Games to get involved and bring a good Cricket game to the ipod / iphone.

Sorry Sport Central, I wish I could have thought different, I truly do.