★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Awards Won
Mac Life Best of PAX
National Association of Video Game Reviewers Best Music Game
Pocket Gamer Bronze Medal
Twinfinite Drool Award

Tippitytap the screen to control a tribe of monkeys!

Jungle Rumble is a Rhythm-Strategy game like the world has never seen. A rival tribe invades to steal bananas. Drum on the screen to send monkey minions into the fight. Send the tribe on an epic quest for freedom, happiness, and bananas!

Don't take our word for it:

unique, addictive, colorful - Twinfinite

An exotic, beautiful experience - Indie Statik

"rhythm action, challenging puzzles, and irreverent humour" - Pocket Gamer

Its great fun - Cult of Mac

Crisp graphics and a great soundtrack - Split Kick

Monkeys can make any situation better, except pithikosophobia, delicate surgical operations, complex mathematics or construction" - The Zombie Chimp

Features:
Drum to control! Use a rhythmic grammar to have your monkeys move and attack.

Puzzles and strategy! Watch the invaders. Learn their behaviors. Think hard. Fight back.

Dynamic soundtrack! The sounds of the jungle swell with intensity as monkeys move. Drum and the jungle explodes with madness. (Screw up and it all goes away.)

High def audio! CD quality sound. Best played with headphones!

Please note:
Jungle Rumble requires an iPad 2, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 5th generation or above.
04-30-2014, 05:39 AM
This is the only game that looks appealing to me this week. Though I watched all the trailers for this game and still don't understand how it plays.

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa

04-30-2014, 12:31 PM
It should be $3.99 not $2.99
04-30-2014, 01:01 PM
Full disclosure: I work next to the developer of Jungle Rumble in the same office with a bunch of indie game studios. However, that means I've had a bunch of hands-on time with the game, and it's a lot of fun.

Owlchemy Labs: Creating absurd and highly polished downloadable games.

Jack Lumber: Out now! TA Forum thread
Snuggle Truck: Out now! TA Forum thread
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! (F=ma): Out now! TA Forum thread
Super Ramen Brothers:: TA Forum thread
04-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
This is the only game that looks appealing to me this week. Though I watched all the trailers for this game and still don't understand how it plays.
Hi L.Lawliet, developer here.

You drum to control your tribe of monkeys. A rival tribe invades to steal your bananas. You send your guys into the fight by drumming.

It's different from other rhythm games, which makes it hard to describe. There is no script to follow, like in a "traditional" rhythm game.
04-30-2014, 04:31 PM

The Drum Timing is sadly way too fast. I hope that the Team at Disco Pixel can slow it down since the Game does feel at the current moment more like a 100m Sprint from Usain Bolt then actually something where I could just sit down and enjoy playing it.

Specially since the other Moves in the Game are based on the Core Gameplay Mechanice of hitting the drum in the right Rhythm I can`t understand why the Player is getting chased through the Level instead of just taking it slow.
04-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post

The Drum Timing is sadly way too fast. I hope that the Team at Disco Pixel can slow it down since the Game does feel at the current moment more like a 100m Sprint from Usain Bolt then actually something where I could just sit down and enjoy playing it.

Specially since the other Moves in the Game are based on the Core Gameplay Mechanice of hitting the drum in the right Rhythm I can`t understand why the Player is getting chased through the Level instead of just taking it slow.
Hi Sanuku,

This game definitely has a learning curve. Through a lot of playtesting, I've found that in general people actually feel that slower is harder!

-Trevor
04-30-2014, 06:19 PM
When will it be released worldwide?
04-30-2014, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranch91 View Post
When will it be released worldwide?
We're worldwide!

Actually, Japan is coming next week.

-Trevor
04-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellos View Post
Hi L.Lawliet, developer here.

You drum to control your tribe of monkeys. A rival tribe invades to steal your bananas. You send your guys into the fight by drumming.

It's different from other rhythm games, which makes it hard to describe. There is no script to follow, like in a "traditional" rhythm game.
A bit like Patapon, perhaps?