• Publisher: Kris Pixton
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 14.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: NEW from the designer of PathPix: SPELLPIX, an original word puzzle game. Draw bright, bold lines of color as you make word paths connecting letters in the grid. All the words begin and end on circled letters with matching colors. Your job is simple - just find the letters that go in between.

Finish solving to see the miniature picture that you have created. As an extra reward you get a quip or quote related in some way to the picture. Witty or wise, it will give you a little something to think about as you go on to the next puzzle.

SPELLPIX FEATURES
---10 Chapters - 233 puzzles
---A special quip or quote for each picture puzzle
---Graduated difficulty, from easy to extreme
---All puzzles unlocked always
---Clickable wordlist for each solved puzzle

SIMPLE RULES - easy to get started
---Find words of 3 or more letters that start and end on CIRCLED LETTERS.
---The starting and ending letter circles must be the SAME COLOR.
---Connect letters HORIZONTALLY and VERTICALLY, but NOT diagonally.
---CORRECT words will be PAINTED over and FROZEN in place. (You can turn off this option for a tougher game.)
---Use up all the letters in the grid. The colored word paths will make a little PICTURE.

SPELLPIX is an original game from Kris Pixton and KpixGames, makers of the hit puzzle game, PATHPIX.
04-30-2014, 07:20 AM
Oh, yes.

Instabuy. No questions asked. The PathPix games were excellent.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

04-30-2014, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Oh, yes.

Instabuy. No questions asked. The PathPix games were excellent.
Glad I'm not the only one! I'd instantly buy another PathPix, so a new game with new mechanics is a great sight. It's looking like a really nice week for me!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Xbox: PeteOzzy Steam: PeteOzzy GC: PeteOzzy107 PSN: PeteOzzy107 Friend Invites always welcome.
04-30-2014, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Glad I'm not the only one! I'd instantly buy another PathPix, so a new game with new mechanics is a great sight. It's looking like a really nice week for me!

*Looks over to Steam*
Yeah, you mean expensive week, mate.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-30-2014, 07:31 AM
I'm getting this one. Gonna pop to shop to pick up a voucher as there's loads I want this week.
04-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Oh, wow, instabuy for me!
05-01-2014, 12:23 AM
I love PathPix, and this in an interesting variation, however I'm finding it easier to ignore the letters and just treat it as I would a normal level of PathPix. Out of the first five puzzles, I tried to figure out the words first on two of them, and it was slow going. I blazed through the other three by ignoring the letters. Still, I do like it so far, and I really like that it's universal.
05-01-2014, 04:24 AM
I feel like such a doofus. I really really should have read the description, I thought it was a two player word game where each player had to make words that start and end one their coloured circle and the winner is the one who hogged most if the board in paths. I've been bragging to my husband how I'm gonna kick his arse, installed on both iPads before going to bed last night, just had text off him calling me all kinds of stupid. Ok you can all stop laughing now.

On playing the game husband said the same as Colin, that he just ignored the letters and used symmetry to make the picture, and has whizzed though quite a few levels. I'll be trying myself later.
05-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Another great addition to the PathPix world.

I agree with those that are solving based on symmetry; however, that strategy won't work on the higher levels I suspect, much like the PathPix puzzles could get quite difficult.

Thanks Kris!

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
05-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Great follow up Kris.
Great game and for all path pix fans, a must buy.