★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: All-In Poker is Out - Razz, Omaha, Stud, Draw, and Hold Em

08-20-2009, 09:05 AM
All-In Poker is Out - Razz, Omaha, Stud, Draw, and Hold Em

Birdsoft is pleased to announce the release of our new poker game All-In Poker. It features 8 popular poker variations in cash game or tournament format. Games included are Texas Hold 'Em, Omaha, 5 Card Stud, 6 Card Stud, 7 Card Stud, Razz, and 5 Card Draw. We plan on aggressively expanding on this title and already have a strong list of additional ideas posted so would love to hear any feedback.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Visit our site for more information including future plans of the product:
All-In Poker for iPhone

Thanks

>>>>>> All-In Poker Rocks!<<<<<<
Visit Birdsoft for great iOS apps and games. Follow our Twitter.

Last edited by Birdsoft; 12-22-2010 at 10:52 AM.
08-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Congratulations for the new release.

How can this game be just 0.5 MB in size? It's impressive!

By the way, the price is $2.99.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

08-20-2009, 11:18 AM
I like that there is more than just texas hold 'em. I guess you could use more eye catching graphics, but the simplicity of the current ones isn't bad.
08-20-2009, 01:33 PM
We were able to keep it really light!

And we do plan on adding more animations and some other graphic elements but we do try to keep things simple as well... A lot of card games in our opinion are ruined by having to wait for animations when if you dont want to you shouldnt have to....

08-20-2009, 02:45 PM
I actually appreciate that the graphics are not overdone and are crisp with very fast reaction times.
08-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I noticed Multiplayer is at the very bottom of the Future Developments list. That seems like a key feature in a poker game. Of course, good single-player AI is great since one can't always depend on being able to get online/find people.

...I'm tempted to suggest trying out pass-around multiplayer on a single device, but I dunno if it's really workable.
08-20-2009, 03:10 PM
The improvement I'd want for graphics are color on the face cards. Everything is clean and animated well.

For sounds, I'd like to hear something better for win/lose at the end of a round, and possibly something different for folding.

Online scoring/play is a must.

There is a great variety of poker variations here, and a good value for people interested in poker - the game plays very well and the AI has been good so far. When the developer gets everything in the wishlist on the apps description on iTunes in the game, this will be a five-star app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
08-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for trying it out.. Yeah... I see the importance of Multi-Player to an extent. I discussed this at length on the blog on my site:

"My thoughts on Wifi or Internet Multi-Player. I want it in my game and it will be important going forward. BUT… There are a bunch of Internet based games out there. And with the current iPhone battery life, its hard to play an awfully long session(an actual tournament) while connected. And a couple of things about the genre that Ive known for quite a while based on online play and the WM market. One is you don’t know if you’ll even have enough players in the game you want to play. These internet based games promise lots of players, but Ive checked and they don’t all deliver that. Two, the games can be painfully slow waiting for other human players on poor connections or with other distractions. And most importantly, playing players with play money just doesn’t make for a very good game. It will likely be an all-in fest or players want to play more hands as its not real money and the game gives you more when you bust. Now if you know the guys you’re playing with or setup a game with friends then that dynamic changes, but this is so blatantly true with randoms online using play money. Its just not that fun or good for learning after the novelty wears off. But it sells games, and I absolutely love the idea of having an iPhone party from different locations. If we are all in the same place we use a deck of cards…"

So while I understand that looking in and seeing the "Oh, this doesnt have multi-player yet" is an obvious conclusion, has anyone really had much better results than I have playing server based online play money poker games??

I love the idea of creating private games with my friends, even if its server based! But Im VERY good at poker, and so the regular games that are out there I have tried and I just dont give much of a chance because the play is so plagued by what I mentioned above, especially really bad play.... am I missing some actual good ones??? Or is this requirement more of just a perception thing?

Thoughts?

08-20-2009, 03:41 PM
To me, online scoring is most important, gives me a chance to see what others are doing in the game.

I'd rather play a game against my buddies than against random people online. For something like blackjack, I think it would be great, but for poker, games are always much more interesting with friends.

Maybe I have better luck with wifi than you, but I've been able to play fairly long games over wifi on my iPod Touch (2nd gen, OS 3.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
08-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah, the Online Scoring in several ways are planned to go along with the career mode .....