★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description:
Discover a game that has been worldwide acclaimed!
25 MILLION DOWNLOAD Commemorative Event with limited time Units!

What's New in Version 1.32.0
1) 25 MILLION DOWNLOAD Commemorative Event Sleeping Gigantic Weapon!
Parts of a Gigantic Weapon are hidden here and there in this Special Event!
Collect them all in order to be rewarded with the Gigantic Weapon SLUG GIGANT!
Beat the enemy Gigantic Weapon in the last stage in order to release the REBEL GIGANT in the SHOP menu!
2) 25 MILLION DOWNLOAD Commemorative Login Bonus Campaign
Login every day of the campaign and get up to 250 MEDALS!
3) Add new Units
4) Add new Special Missions

Regarding KOF Unit Pack selling on MEDAL SHOP, we temporally stop its sell.
We would appreciate if you could wait until selling again.
Please remind that you still can purchase KOF units on SHOP.

Here are some of the reasons of METAL SLUG DEFENSE's success:

Intuitive controls & intense action !
"METAL SLUG DEFENSE" has become a worldwide success thanks to its very simple controls and its addictive gameplay!

4 players can battle each other via the Multiplayer mode!
Up to 4 players can confront each other in 1-on-1 or 2-on2 epic battles in multiplayer!

Intricate 2D dot pixels!
The characters of the "METAL SLUG" universe, who were created by the best dot-pixel artists, return to fight each other in "METAL SLUG DEFENSE"

Epic battles between human beings, aliens and gigantic robots!
More than 200 different characters divided into 5 armies (Regular Army, Morden Army, Marians, etc.) join the battle in "METAL SLUG DEFENSE"!

Characters from "KOF join the universe of "METAL SLUG"!
The most popular characters from the 2D VS Fighting game series "KOF" are ready to battle with their trademark moves in "METAL SLUG DEFENSE"!

Official Facebook fan page:

Recommended Devices
iPhone 4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation and above), iPad mini, iPad Air, iPod touch (5th generation and above)
* The supported OS is iOS 7.0 and above
04-30-2014, 09:35 PM
Is it just me, or app info doesn't show? It's happening on all the threads of today's NZ releases...

04-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Is it just me, or app info doesn't show? It's happening on all the threads of today's NZ releases...
I thought it had always been like that? It just only shows the info once the game is available in the US as that's where the servers draw their information from I thought. I could definitely be wrong though lol. Normally we do the whole copy and pasting thing so the information shows but since these games are already in the UK, it shouldn't be too long before it updates...hopefully.

On a side note, I think the App Store hates me; uploading loads of new games just as I started to relax!
04-30-2014, 10:07 PM
It's out, looks interesting.

Will leave imps!
04-30-2014, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Zeillusion View Post
Will leave imps!
Thanks, too many Games to play them all on one day.

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-01-2014 at 06:51 PM.
05-01-2014, 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Thanks, too many Games to play them all on one day.
C'mon Sanuku, thought you were Superman, lol. Just kidding, thank you for all the videos!
05-01-2014, 01:38 AM
What the heck is this? Sounds interesting.
05-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Started playing this this morning. It's actually really cool. It's your standard side scrolling castle defense game, but with the Metal Slug theme. It has the usual F2P energy system/timer although I haven't had to wait yet, but it looks like the further you go, the more energy the missions use. It says the game has like over 60 different troops. I've only unlocked 4 so far. There's a ton of different troops you can buy with these silver medals. I haven't won any yet, so I'm not sure if the medals can only be bought with real money or if you eventually start winning them later on in the game. The tutorial wasn't that informing. Anyway, I still recommend it. It's free, so it's worth a try. Especially if your a fan of Metal Slug.
05-01-2014, 09:41 AM
I agree with Noen,looks pretty good and easy to pick up just worried about the medal system really hope you dont have to buy them
05-01-2014, 09:43 AM
This is just like Cartoon Wars, if anyone remembers that gem of a game. The gameplay is great!
I think the medals are purchase-only, which makes me sad. Is that the only way to get new units?