★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

RTS Idea - In Need Of Dev.

08-20-2009, 09:55 AM
#1
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 482
RTS Idea - In Need Of Dev.

I have noticed a lack of RTS games on our platform. there are about 5 that i know of. I have an idea and plot for an RTS game that I believe would sell well. if it is well recieved, i have plans for a sidescrolling version and even a TD version for all the types of games. if any dev is interested, please post here and i will respond by PM for protection of my idea
thanks,
MetroGnome217
08-23-2009, 07:08 PM
#2
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 482
nobody is interested
I have a very good idea

08-23-2009, 08:03 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
... the title says "senior member" but I swear I hear a 12 year old junior member trying to get people to code for him. Really, man? Really?
08-23-2009, 09:05 PM
#4
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 482
I'm suprised that your a senior member because in fact I am a 15 year old with dreams of becoming a dev but not enough cash to do so. Is it so wrong to hand off my own creative ideas that I am not able to use? Please think before typing jerk
08-23-2009, 09:38 PM
#5
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroGnome217 View Post
I'm suprised that your a senior member because in fact I am a 15 year old with dreams of becoming a dev but not enough cash to do so. Is it so wrong to hand off my own creative ideas that I am not able to use? Please think before typing jerk
Lots of people with dreams of becoming a devs lately And since when do you need cash to code?

Edit: And just fyi, certain things just don't sound quite as badass as they do when you say them face to face. I'm seriously not gonna feel shame over a forum.
08-23-2009, 09:55 PM
#6
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroGnome217 View Post
I'm suprised that your a senior member because in fact I am a 15 year old with dreams of becoming a dev but not enough cash to do so. Is it so wrong to hand off my own creative ideas that I am not able to use? Please think before typing jerk
You should try dreaming of proper grammar while you are at it.
08-23-2009, 10:19 PM
#7
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Lots of people with dreams of becoming a devs lately And since when do you need cash to code?

Edit: And just fyi, certain things just don't sound quite as badass as they do when you say them face to face. I'm seriously not gonna feel shame over a forum.
to develop is free but to publish you need the 100 dollar entrance fee and a book or two to learn how to code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
08-23-2009, 10:25 PM
#8
Joined: May 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Lots of people with dreams of becoming a devs lately And since when do you need cash to code?

Edit: And just fyi, certain things just don't sound quite as badass as they do when you say them face to face. I'm seriously not gonna feel shame over a forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut View Post
You should try dreaming of proper grammar while you are at it.
It is people like you that degrade the standard of forums like this. Someone comes onto a forum looking to form a collaboration with someone else and you have nothing better to do than have a go at him? If you think he's wasting his time then leave him to do so in silence so the rest of us don't have to listen to your nonsense. I'm so sick of people using the anonymity of the internet to launch verbal attacks at any opportunity they get because they think they are better than everyone else.

When I first started to frequent TouchArcade I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly everyone was. And I don't mean just to me personally but to everybody else on the forums. Initially, every time someone like MetroGnome posted something similar to this I expected some smart-mouthed kid (or adult who just hasn't grown up) to start bagging them. But I was pleasantly surprised! Recently though I am noticing that these forums are becoming just like any other corner of the internet, the cyber-bullies are starting to emerge with their smart comments and their sarcasm.

You guys were once kids with dreams that you weren't afraid to tell the world about. Just because you don't know him and you can hide behind your forum alias' that doesn't give you the right to stamp on peoples dreams.
08-23-2009, 10:37 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtz_2001 View Post
It is people like you that degrade the standard of forums like this. Someone comes onto a forum looking to form a collaboration with someone else and you have nothing better to do than have a go at him? If you think he's wasting his time then leave him to do so in silence so the rest of us don't have to listen to your nonsense. I'm so sick of people using the anonymity of the internet to launch verbal attacks at any opportunity they get because they think they are better than everyone else.

When I first started to frequent TouchArcade I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly everyone was. And I don't mean just to me personally but to everybody else on the forums. Initially, every time someone like MetroGnome posted something similar to this I expected some smart-mouthed kid (or adult who just hasn't grown up) to start bagging them. But I was pleasantly surprised! Recently though I am noticing that these forums are becoming just like any other corner of the internet, the cyber-bullies are starting to emerge with their smart comments and their sarcasm.

You guys were once kids with dreams that you weren't afraid to tell the world about. Just because you don't know him and you can hide behind your forum alias' that doesn't give you the right to stamp on peoples dreams.
There's a difference between wanting to collaborate and wanting somebody to do the work for him.

Beta tested: Parallelus, Galactic Gunner, Crazy Snowboard, IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPodder View Post
What? They make games for the iPhone/iPod Touch?
lmao
08-23-2009, 10:58 PM
#10
Joined: May 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooobynick View Post
There's a difference between wanting to collaborate and wanting somebody to do the work for him.
Of course you're right but:

a) for all we knew from his first post he is looking to contract a dev to bring his vision to life for him (obviously as we've now found out he's 15 this is unlikely to be the case).

b) he says he has "an idea and a plot". I bet there are plenty of devs that struggle to come up with an idea let alone a plot! Typically devs are not particularly creative people so having someone provide them with a fully developed game idea and storyline could be exactly what they are looking for.

c) we have no idea what he is asking in terms of profit share. Maybe he doesn't want anything and just wants to see his idea come to fruition.

Even if none of these, or any other plausible scenario, turn out to be the case it is not an excuse to start slandering people. Regardless of their age.

I know as well as anybody else that saying an idea will sell well is a naive observation, as very few of the games on the app store ever see decent return. You don't see me giving him stick. He's trying to do something he's passionate about, good on him!