• Publisher: Disney
  • Genre:
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 498.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: EVERY JOURNEY HAS A BEGINNING
* Experience the Star Wars story in an epic new way!
* Unlock hidden secrets in each interactive scene and race your anti-gravity podracer across the galaxy at explosive speeds!
* Discover original art and interactive technology using amazing 180-degree parallax!

Features:
* Uncover the story of the saga while tapping to reveal hidden content
* Sharpen your Jedi mastery and test your ability against the fastest and fiercest racers in four different galaxies
* Customize your very own podracer with visual and performance enhancements to improve your results
* Participate in tournaments, time trials, and daily racing events to win special rewards

Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace is the first release of an episodic series of apps set in the world of the legendary saga. Star Wars Journeys: Attack of the Clones is coming very soon!
05-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Any idea what the pod racer is like? Is it much like the old N64 version, or a much more scaled down version of it?

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.

05-02-2014, 02:56 AM
Nah its not the N64 version, its meant to be a decent game though

Does look okay just its about 500 meg which i dont really want to free up ,still longing for them to release a decent Star Wars iOS game. Probably never going to happen but letting someone have the license for Dark Forces would be great as i'm sure theres a company out there who could re-release it on iOS

Massive massive franchise and yet on iOS theres only one decent Star Wars game (Star Wars Lego), the rest are very very average
05-02-2014, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Massive massive franchise and yet on iOS theres only one decent Star Wars game (Star Wars Lego), the rest are very very average
Knights of the Old Republic? O_o

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-02-2014, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Knights of the Old Republic? O_o
Oops and that one (This is sounding like Life Of Brian now), so apart from KOTOR and Lego Star Wars, what has the franchise on iOS done for us !

But seriously i've read a few reviews of this app and it seems pretty impressive, i might give it a go as it should be a good series as Attack of the Clones will be coming up next and obviously they'll then do the rest of the films
05-02-2014, 03:41 AM
It`s pretty decent.

Report following soon...

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-02-2014 at 06:14 AM.
05-02-2014, 04:25 AM
my personal impression: when they start making this game, there's a little chat between devs talking bout the pricing:
dev 1: so we finished making the star wars pod racing, how much we gonna charge for this?
dev 2: i don't know, maybe 0.99? just like any other racing games? gameloft charge asphalt 8 for 0.99 with IAP so this can't be more than that.
dev 1: ok we tell disney bout this. hey disney we have decided to make this game 0.99, maybe with IAP later. what do you think?
disney: hell no, this is star wars, get back to work, draw some star wars characters picture, add voice actor and put some interactive anima...oopps i mean moving slide show pictures and charge for 6.99. people will instantly buy it.

dev 1&2: wowwwww awesome thinking!

fun fact: people buy it eventually

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014
05-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Lightsaber duels or GTFO.
05-02-2014, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
my personal impression: when they start making this game, there's a little chat between devs talking bout the pricing:
dev 1: so we finished making the star wars pod racing, how much we gonna charge for this?
dev 2: i don't know, maybe 0.99? just like any other racing games? gameloft charge asphalt 8 for 0.99 with IAP so this can't be more than that.
dev 1: ok we tell disney bout this. hey disney we have decided to make this game 0.99, maybe with IAP later. what do you think?
disney: hell no, this is star wars, get back to work, draw some star wars characters picture, add voice actor and put some interactive anima...oopps i mean moving slide show pictures and charge for 6.99. people will instantly buy it.

dev 1&2: wowwwww awesome thinking!

fun fact: people buy it eventually
Oh no, people actually enjoy games that are like point-and-click but in real time. Why do people have to like different things than me!?!?
05-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerpro2134 View Post
Oh no, people actually enjoy games that are like point-and-click but in real time. Why do people have to like different things than me!?!?
just a joke man
just buy this game if you like it. the pod racing is quite fun, surprisingly and controls are pretty decent

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014