★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Poker Stacks is FREE for a limited Time.

08-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Poker Stacks is FREE for a limited Time.

To Celebrate the launch of Metal Poker we are offering Poker Stacks Free for a limited time..

If you havent already, Go check it out.

Its climbing up the leaderboards, lets see if you can give it a Colbert, I mean TA, bump over the top...

Poker Stacks on iTunes!!

(and please check out Metal Poker all you poker fans)

>>>>>> All-In Poker Rocks!<<<<<<
Visit Birdsoft for great iOS apps and games. Follow our Twitter.

Last edited by Birdsoft; 08-20-2009 at 12:55 PM.
08-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Posted this at #9 in Free Card Games... Now Im up to #4!!!

Does the TouchArcade Bump exist?

08-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Cracked the REAL free top 100 in less than a day... so why werent people picking it up at $1.99......

08-20-2009, 04:12 PM
I guess everobody loves free stuff . And my other guess is that maybe because it's a game with a new concept, not everyone wants to take the risk.
08-20-2009, 04:14 PM
I might check it out, but i'm not into poker apps really.
08-20-2009, 05:15 PM
I'll say for myself. I'll grab almost anything free, to try it out, especially if it's a price drop. But you had three strikes against you.

I'll try anything I'm slightly interested in if it's .99 cents. I can easily talk myself into spending .99 cents. Over .99 cents--even at 1.99--I have to really want it.

And your game is outside my interest genres. Something that looks like a match-three game, no matter the twist, isn't going to do it. The word "Bejeweled" in the description practically kills my interest. I'll bet the same could be said for most here.

Last, for my money, your graphics are a mark against you. Are you a Windows/Linux guy originally? Square edges and grids are practically verboten in the Mac/iPhone aesthetic. Your game could be great but the screenshot would keep me away.

So, for what it's worth, I'd be disinclined to pay for your game because of the price, the graphics, and the game genre. The first two you could do something about, the last not so much.
08-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks.. interesting thoughts.

1. If $1.99 is too high for you, then that is the HUGE problem with the AppStore, and what will ultimately start wiping it out... I know everyone has heard it before, but it will eventually happen and Apple knows it and will start doing more and more to have this not be the expectation. Enjoy it now...

2. Yeah, not sure why you did decide to post. Because most of the market will fall in this interest genre... You're opinion automatically is then tainted and you'll see everything else about it as of lesser value.

3. You nailed it, I am originally a Windows guy, but if you see the game it has round buttons on the title screen and all and the actual pieces couldnt be closer to the shape of ALL the icons in the app store.. This is the platform where graphics drawn with pencil on graph paper no matter what the game, can fair well... So... I might be wrong, and I'll admit they could be better but a ton of games with far worse graphics have done very well....

So likely if I had 3 strikes with you then you aren't the games target. But I bet I have maybe at the most 1 of the 3 strikes for a VERY large portion of the other 37 million iPhone/iPod Touch users....

So Im still confused....a ton of them seem to want to try it for free...

Last edited by Birdsoft; 08-21-2009 at 07:40 AM.
08-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Instadownload just for the Colbert reference!

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
08-20-2009, 11:07 PM
I wouldn't pay $1.99 because I'm terrible at poker, but for free... why not? I diagree with Jesse Arcadia about the graphics, they're very sharp and clean and suggesting squares are verboten just seems to indicate a lack of artistic appreciation and comes across as downright strange when you consider everyone's iDevice is covered in squares.

The only thing they do wrong is that there's not enough of them. The simpler the game, the more picky I get with graphics... If I'm going to be staring at the same thing the whole time I'd have prefered it if maybe you had different themes that could either be selected in an options screen, unlocked with points or even just rotated as you progress through the levels. At the very least it'd give you the opportunity for more screenshots on the App Store.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
08-21-2009, 04:43 AM
I love Poker. I love puzzle games. I love free. I downloaded the game and I like it. I don't know how much long term value it will have but you will like it if you like puzzles and poker. And even if you don't like it you can't really complain since it's free.