★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: BadBumble
  • Genre: Card
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: One of the best Action Card Games on the App Store
Its an action-packed, weapon using solitaire game where you fight against the hardest, nastiest pack of cards youve ever come across!

Hurl grenades, fire rocket launchers, toast them with flame throwers and even call in air strikes to help clear the cards in this thrilling, action-packed take on pyramid solitaire.

Use your skill and cunning (plus a few heavy weapons) to take down the evil Kings and save the world!

Be warned! Youll want to play this addictive game over and over again!

Fun, simple to learn but hard to master!
Very addictive!
Use an arsenal of heavy weapons against the enemy!
Fun for the whole family!
The enemy cards fight back!
An almost unlimited number of different levels for you to fight against!
Each level is randomly generated so you never play the same game twice!
Auto saves so you can player for as long as you like or just in short bursts!
Choose from two different styles of playing cards!
Contains the original Pyramid Solitaire game!
Also contains several other free, fun mini games!

Review from AppGirlReviews.com
It is absolutely a must-have game for anyone who enjoys the traditional game of Pyramid Solitaire.
Rated 9/10

Review from MobileTechReview.com
"Overall, I really enjoy playing this game. Very creative twist on a classic solitaire game."

Review from AppVersity
Its actually isnt what I thought Id be getting when I saw the name Solitaire Siege. I thought it would be another version of the game played against a computer opponent. But it turns out I was wrong very wrong and very happy.
Sound and game play make this game fun to play and well worth the price.

YouTube Videos:
Solitaire Siege Intro

Solitaire Siege Weapons

Solitaire Siege Game Play

LordGek's comments:

Anyone notice I lost the "?"!

It's a cool twist on Pyramid Solitaire a bit in the same vein as the computer game, "Fairway Solitaire" but instead with a military theme.

I'm liking it so far and there is a great variety of special weapons although how they work isn't often all that clear until AFTER you've tried it once or twice (are they covered in the Help?).

If you ever miss a valid move or run out of cards (your soldiers) with bad guys still on the field, you'll take damage. Take enough and the game is over. If you can't clear a field of baddies but survive their return fire at the end of the level (each card left on the field dinks you a bit) or actually do completely clear the field you'll move onto an end of level bonus screen and then the next level.

I also thing it's pretty cute how although making big runs gets you some points, the way to big bonuses is being able to quickly use an uncovered card when a big bonus is suddenly printed on it (usually only shows up for a few seconds).

I can't wait to see what they add in future updates.
08-20-2009, 02:47 PM
I love unique variations on solitaire. This one looks pretty good

I have a lot of games to download when I get home from work tonight

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn

08-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks LordGek for your review.

That's an interesting approach for a Patience card game. I may purchase it later today.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
08-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Thank you for the kind comments.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for starting this thread and the mini review and Im really happy that you seem to like (Ive been on a huge high today, what with the game been released and more so because everyone seems to like it so far).

Yeah, I wanted to designed a game that was easy and fun to play with plenty of replay value and a card game seemed to be the best choice but I wanted the game to be a bit more forgiving then a normal card game and it had to have plenty of scope for lots of updates and features, and so after a few months we ended up with Solitaire Siege =)

Yeah, the weapons can be a bit confusing at first. There is a short description in the help section about the weapons, but basically the main thing is try to keep the hand grenades for taking out the Stone Wall card and the Flame Thrower card removes the Tree card. After a few games you actually start to learn strategies on how to combine cards together to get bonus points.
For example, the Spy card not only turns the cards in the selected row to face the player, but it also displays all the bounty/bonus points on the Jack, Queen, King and Ace cards, so you can also use it that way for getting more points if you have a card that can be played or you could even use the Sniper card if you have one.
Did you notice that after linking 10 cards (then at 15 and 20) you get a Mercenary card for doing so well?

As for future updates, Ive got so many ideas and features for the game but I can tell you that the next minor update will involve Ninja attacks against the player, so you have to smack him before he attacks, which adds another dimension to the game play. In fact we had a rough version of this feature in the game before we submitted the game, but we ended up taking it out as didnt want to give the game to step a learning curve to the game so we are currently tweaking this feature so it fits smoothly into the progression level of the game.

As for other updates, I have some ideas for a couple of boss style battles and enemy vehicles that will need to be destroyed as they will attack the player at set intervals. As a little hint of what else to expect, check out the iPhone wall papers in this post.

Links to videos of the game:
Solitaire Siege Intro: Comic book style intro with a bit of story background.

Solitaire Siege Weapons (Sorry I went a bit nuts with the explosions on this one, but you'll like it):

Solitaire Siege Game Play: Watch someone get a 24 card combo.

As for time intervals for the updates, we are aiming for at least one per month, maybe quicker then that, but we will make sure that what ever we do works well with the game first and doesnt destroy the flow of the game as its surprising how a little feature can screw up the game play and we want to make sure that after a few updates, that the game is still accessible to new players.

If anyone has any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to get in touch as we want our players to be happy with our games and I want to save a really big thank you to every one that has bought our game (especially if you have left a review) as we are only a small team and every sale really does make a difference to us. So THANK YOU!

All the best,

Mike Moore
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Mike_011972; 09-03-2009 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Added YouTube video Links
08-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Ill probably buy this later. nice twist from the normal solitaire presentation.
08-20-2009, 04:55 PM
I love the strategic thinking aspects and hope you don't start going down too much of an arcade route with little whack-mole aspects.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Maybe bad luck or something but I could not pass level 4 though I have removed all cards. It seems the game didn't recognize the end.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
08-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
Maybe bad luck or something but I could not pass level 4 though I have removed all cards. It seems the game didn't recognize the end.
You took out all baddies or you ran out of cards?

If it's just that you've run out of cards you may still need to hit the "Surrender Flag".

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-20-2009, 05:09 PM
we will try

Im the game programmer. It has been a fun task. We will try to do not get rid of the nice aspects of the game (strategy). But of course, we will keep original game mode (actual difficulty settings and gameplay) while adding harder options.

And of course, there will be nice new mini games with every update.

Thanks for the support buying the game

08-20-2009, 05:16 PM
sounds inertesting, do you have a gameplay video?