★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Blek $2.99 > $0.99

05-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Blek $2.99 > $0.99

05-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Thanks.

05-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks mrbiggles!

For those who don't know it, here is our trailer:

05-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Nice sale! Will it still be on sale tomorrow? Cuz then I'll pick it up.
05-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Is this a great game? Don't have this one yet.
05-04-2014, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Sure looks like it and it has been in the top paid charts for quite some time now. I also have yet to check it out though.
05-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Yes it's a great game
05-04-2014, 03:26 PM
If you're on the fence, here are impressions from the release thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
This game is amazing! The concept is a prefect fit for a touch screen enabled device. I love how it has such a clean organic feel to it. For example there's no music but the sound effects make a perfect background. This is a must buy for anyone who likes novel indie style games. I would write more but I'm going back for more.

One more comment. It's almost like a piece of modern artwork. I could picture it being exhibited at the guggenheim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I am in love with this game still, it's one of my favourite ways to relax, I approach it by attempting to draw a specific line from the left to right when that fails I go from the right side of the screen, and when that fails I just squiggle a dirt usually gets it at some point. If a squiggle hits most of the dots then I adapt it.

This isn't one of those punch the air games for me, it's more of a smile at yourself for being so clever type game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
This game is a minimalist piece of art, and easily joins the ranks of Strata and Ten as my favorite minimal puzzle games. There isn't even a menu; the game opens with your first puzzle, which also acts as a simple tutorial. The art itself is merely a collection of black and colored dots on a white surface but what truly makes Blek a joy to play is the line. There is something so visually appealing and satisfying about seeing your line move so fluidly across the screen, in a way that feels unpredictable yet is completely planned

Yes, Blek is not just some minimalist experiment; it's also a puzzle game. Like the best puzzle games, the core mechanic is simple to understand, but different to master. Draw a path for your line to follow, which it will repeat until it leaves the screen, touches a black circle, or a colored circle. Your goal is to collect all the colored circles in a level and the genius of Blek is the freedom you're granted to complete the task. Your solutions can be as simple or as complex as you can think of. From the simple inching line to a complex pattern that gracefully weaves between attempting-ending black spots, Blek is a rare puzzle game that presents the player with a challenging scenario and then gives you free reign to solve it how you wish.

If you enjoy puzzle games that doesn't offer to hold your hand, that instead allow you to use your own intelligence and creativity to succeed, or just like games with great minimalist design and style, I highly recommend Blek
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
I can attest to Bronxsta, the game's presentation and gameplay is a minimalist dream. No tutorial, but easy puzzles to easy your way into the game. The game will get challenging, but not impossible. One of the few puzzle games that forces you to think outside the box to successful solve each level.

Highly recommended and universal support for all your iDevices. If you are looking for a different type of puzzler, look no further, beautifully presented and challenging indeed, highly recommended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Have only just got round to playing this and I'm kicking myself for not having started it earlier. It's just wow, that is the only word I can think to describe it. I've played literally thousands of games and I've never played anything like this - that's something that pretty much never happens any more.

It's a serene puzzle game. A toy box. A minimalist piece of art. It's a thing of absolute beauty and it deserves to be recognised as one of the best examples of an iOS game masterpiece. It's been said more eloquently by others, Bronxsta in particular, but I felt compelled to express my absolute love for the game.

Seeing your "organisms" come to life and squirm across the screen is a joy; animating squiggles just to see how they manoeuvre regardless of the puzzle would have been worth the purchase. The ingenious puzzles in the mix makes this essential. I'm going to be recommending this to a lot of people!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
The dev who made this is a genius. The gameplay mechanics could never be played on anything other than a touch screen. The game seems simple at first. You use your finger to draw some type of pattern like a V or a line or anything you can think of. The pattern will repeat itself and the goal is to hit all the colored dots while avoiding the black dots. It feels magical every time you draw a pattern. It does get very hard as you progress far through the game and it really makes you think. Do not listen to the people who gave it 1 star because I don't even think they even tried playing the game. It is true that there is not a menu which would be nice. One of the biggest problems with the game is the sound effects when you hit a black dot that seems very charming at first but then it drives you crazy when you keep hitting the black dots. I wish I could turn it off. This game is very zen and a completely groundbreaking puzzle that everyone should experience. This is a game that will surely wow your friends. Buy it now!

Last edited by Bronxsta; 05-04-2014 at 03:29 PM.
05-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geertyy View Post
Sure looks like it and it has been in the top paid charts for quite some time now. I also have yet to check it out though.
Yeah, probably everyone missed if. Don't see a ta review either. Guess it is worth a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Yes it's a great game
Cool, thanks for the recommend.
05-04-2014, 09:08 PM
I still play Blek although I'm stuck on one of the levels. It's a great game and definitely worth a buck.