★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Soft-Launch: Aus] Pirates of the Caribbean: Isles of War - (by Disney)

05-04-2014, 09:36 AM
[Soft-Launch: Aus] Pirates of the Caribbean: Isles of War - (by Disney)

Quote:
AUS Release info :

The Game is out in Australian. Size of the app is 82.6 MB.

Price in AUS is Free.

Requirements :

Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

** IMPORTANT ** Requires at least an iPad 2, iPhone 4S, or newer. The iPod Touch is not supported.

Enter the world of Pirates of the Caribbean in the years before The Curse of the Black Pearl. The Golden Age of Piracy is in full swing, and danger awaits intrepid sailors on every horizon!

Build a Pirate Hideout and construct powerful fleets

Battle in a unique real-time strategy naval combat system

Explore the Caribbean for glory, honor, and profit

Enter a massive online world, where players will explore, ally, trade, and steal

Join Jack Sparrow in the original story line, conquer every pirate island, or sail the open seas with allies; the freedom of the high seas awaits!

Before you download this experience, please consider that this app contains social media links to connect with others, in-app purchases that cost real money, push notifications to let you know when we have exciting updates like new content, as well as advertising for The Walt Disney Family of Companies and some third parties.
iPhone Screenshots

05-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Game Impressions

05-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the video Sanuku.. I admit I'm intrigued by the pirate hook and real time naval battles, despite the rest of it looking like a Clash of Clans, Boom Beach style money printer. I'll be interested to read any impressions as to how onerous the timers/currency system is.