Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Phelioz Phelioz is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8
Default SkiFlow - (by Gustav Beije)



Trailer

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Phelioz; 05-05-2014 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-05-2014, 10:32 AM
rich_952000 rich_952000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,983
Default

Krashlander, say hello to your clone!

May give this a try just to see...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Phelioz Phelioz is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Krashlander, say hello to your clone!

May give this a try just to see...
hehe I know now what Krashlander is but trust me if this is a clone of something
it is not Krashlander it is Ski Stunt Simulator. All my inspiration come from that game. I loved that simple game years ago and from the moment I played it I wished someone would make a evolved version of that game.

And that's what I have tried to do. Krashlander is a great game but different from SkiFlow trust me, both games take inspiration from Ski Stunt but in different ways.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-05-2014, 10:49 AM
rich_952000 rich_952000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelioz View Post
hehe I know now what Krashlander is but trust me if this is a clone of something
it is not Krashlander it is Ski Stunt Simulator. All my inspiration come from that game. I loved that simple game years ago and from the moment I played it I wished someone would make a evolved version of that game.

And that's what I have tried to do. Krashlander is a great game but different from SkiFlow trust me, both games take inspiration from Ski Stunt but in different ways.
Ok, thanks for the info. Your game does look good too

How is the skier controlled? And, are the leaderboards based on best times?

Last edited by rich_952000; 05-05-2014 at 10:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Phelioz Phelioz is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8
Default

Thank you!

The skier is controlled by a joystick that controls all body parts simultaneously. This is also what differs from many games similar to SkiFlow. The standard in games like this is usually to do the body in 3-4 different physics parts. In SkiFlow the player is made up of 9 different physics part with different muscle strength.

That I personally think is what makes SkiFlow feel very fluid. This does that SkiFlow has a little learning curve but it gets very rewarding when you start to understand the controls better, taking big jumps and making insane back flips and front flips

The high score is based on much tricks you can manage to pull of on a level. SkiFlow got stage high score and the SkiFlow Level high score. Your SkiFlow Level is who many tricks you have done on all the levels in SkiFlow together. So when you have got further in the game you will probably go back to earlier levels just to higher up your score and unlock new Stage with levels.

[URL="http://flowingstudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/IMG_0214.jpg"]You can see how the joystick looks here[/URL]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-05-2014, 12:25 PM
rich_952000 rich_952000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,983
Default

Ok, picking this up now, feedback to follow
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Phelioz Phelioz is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8
Default

But as I said earlier it may feel hard in the beginning but trust me you will soon understand the controls perfectly, just give it a little time and you will feel the flow and be rewarded
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-05-2014, 12:46 PM
rich_952000 rich_952000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelioz View Post
But as I said earlier it may feel hard in the beginning but trust me you will soon understand the controls perfectly, just give it a little time and you will feel the flow and be rewarded
Well, I bought it and like you said, it's HARD. I'm not giving up though, I've completed a flip, but crashed farther down the course. I'm going to keep at it, I hope I get the control down
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Phelioz Phelioz is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Well, I bought it and like you said, it's HARD. I'm not giving up though, I've completed a flip, but crashed farther down the course. I'm going to keep at it, I hope I get the control down
hehe yeah keep at it it will be worth it you will really enjoy when you start to get it more because then you will be going back to those levels you had a hard time even finishing before and instead of failing and crashing at the first jump you will be doing all kinds of crazy flips on them
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-05-2014, 03:25 PM
rich_952000 rich_952000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,983
Default

I am enjoying this, I'm slowly learning flips there is a sound bug, after playing awhile the sound completely goes out. I also have had one crash. I finished a level, then chose the quit option so I could go to the leaderboards and the game crashed to my home screen. Overall though, this is a cool game.

Richard
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent