Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-05-2014, 12:11 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default The Spatials (by Carlos Carrasco)

Old 05-05-2014, 12:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I'm very interested to see how this game plays out, the screenshots look very appealing!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I'm very interested to see how this game plays out, the screenshots look very appealing!
Yep, certainly looks nice. Is this a soft launch?
Old 05-05-2014, 12:25 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Yep, certainly looks nice. Is this a soft launch?
It shouldn't be - it's available in the UK as well as NZ; I was just too dopey to realise I was still signed into my New Zealand account before I made the thread lol. I'm pretty sure if the appinfo appears, that it's available in the US at least, but I could be wrong
Old 05-05-2014, 12:46 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Blimey - this is not a game to be taken lightly! There's a lot of details to the space station building and just as much involved in away missions. I was cautious given the price tag that this would be a half-hearted Clash of Clans copy but this is oozing potential.

I need to play so much more before I can give any real impressions, but I just wanted to reassure anyone worried that it was another throw away copycat. The only IAP I can find as well are a few currency packs and a doubler. This could be rather lovely Looking forward to hearing JCho's impressions too!

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 05-05-2014 at 12:49 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Blimey - this is not a game to be taken lightly! There's a lot of details to the space station building and just as much involved in away missions. I was cautious given the price tag that this would be a half-hearted Clash of Clans copy but this is oozing potential.

I need to play so much more before I can give any real impressions, but I just wanted to reassure anyone worried that it was another throw away copycat. This could be rather lovely Looking forward to hearing JCho's impressions too!
Now the app info is showing up, unfortunately it iPad only. Thanks Pete
Old 05-05-2014, 01:15 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

This looks quite promising. I'll grab it as soon as I boot up my iPad.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:20 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Chaos_u; 05-05-2014 at 04:24 PM..
Old 05-06-2014, 02:32 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_u View Post
YouTube: video
Thank you so much for the gameplay videos recently Chaos_u, always good having people do that!

Kind of surprised this hasn't had more attention though I assume that's down to being an iPad exclusive. This looks incredibly in depth and exciting, it just could do with a better tutorial at the very beginning. Other than that, this seems perfect for the sci-fi nerd in me!
Old 05-06-2014, 10:01 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Carlos here! I am 50% of Weird and Wry and I do the programming, my brother does the art.

For now it's an iPad-only game, yes. Doing an iPhone/iPod release would need a new UI, and we just didn't have the time or the resources. That being said, at a technical level, the game already works in iPhone. Its UI is just way too tiny. But people put up with 2mm buttons in Clash of Clans, so I don't know, really. Ours is a real time game so we guessed it wouldn't be usable. If you have feedback on this point I would really appreciate it!

As for monetization (ugh this word) we would have really preferred to do a paid download with no IAP, but being an unknown team and our first game we decided to try to get as much people as possible to download and try it, and that meant free. That being said there is zero paid locking, gating or forced currency spenders. There's also no timers and thus no timer spenders. And none of that dual currency malarkey, there's only one level, and the currency you win by killing mobs is the same you can buy. You can actually ignore currency after you are all set up (but it's still nice to have, for example for creating new items in the collider or getting some very high quality stuff in the planet stores). The next version will have a small banner on top of the screen, which can be removed by purchasing the coin doubler (and purchases made with the current version will remove it too).

Chaos_u, thanks for the video! For building up your station it is best to first lay out the corridors, then add rooms at their ends. We know we need to flesh out the help system a little better, it will improve in future versions.

Thanks everybody for the feedback!