★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Croke updated and on sale ($.99)

08-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Croke updated and on sale ($.99)

Dot Matrix Design presents Croke™ version 1.1.2. On sale for $.99!

Croke brings the favorite table top game of skill and dexterity "Crokinole" to the iPhone and iPod Touch. You may not have heard of Crokinole, but once you play the simple yet challenging gameplay of Croke on the iPhone you won't soon forget it.

Players compete to score the most points by shooting their discs into high scoring areas of play. Simply touch an active disc to position it, then touch the animating orb widget, pull the widget back, and release to shoot it (or try the alternate Stroke Shot slide method)!

Strategy is made interesting by requiring players to strike at least one opposing disc during each shot, to keep their shot discs in play. If no opposing discs are in play, players must land in the 15-point circle. At the end of each round, the player with the most points is awarded the difference and the next round begins!

- Local single player or two player custom matches.
- Simple Online quick play.
- Custom play allows for standard Crokinole rules or user adjusted options for Rounds, Points, Discs per Player, and 3 levels of AI.

The 1.1.2 update addresses issues related to the online network play due to the iPhone OS 3.0 update.

Youtube link | Pop Up

08-20-2009, 10:46 PM
This is a really good Crokinole app. Check it out.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

08-21-2009, 12:13 PM
sale timeframe

For those interested in the game, the sale is currently planned to last only through the end of this weekend, so pick it up while you can!
08-21-2009, 12:32 PM
looks polished cool, but still... nah
08-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Just a quick update on the sale: the game has been featured over the last couple of weeks on the "What we're playing" list in the App Store, and we decided to extend it.

However, I'd recommend anyone wanting it on sale should pick it up now, as it'll be full price again shortly.

Thanks for the positive reviews, and we hope fans of the game (virtual and real) are enjoying the title.
08-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Is it fun???
Well, that's always entirely subjective - depends on what one finds "fun". But our player community seems to really enjoy it, and the game continues to review well. Many players are fans of the real-world game as well (Crokinole).

However, you can always decide for yourself: Croke Lite (free), is also available on iTunes: link

The full version offers more play options, and online play versus other players, which is where I personally enjoy the game most.

I hope that helps, and feel free to contact us on here, or our website for additional questions and/or support.

Forums: http://forums.dot-matrix-interactive.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/dot_matrix_llc
08-27-2009, 05:25 PM
I love the game Crokinole but couldn't get into this one on iphone..although it's decent and all. Here is demo... I will say though at least this gives exposure and you might actually research Crokinole and get a $200 board like I did I had it for many years it's a great family game.

Here is pic of my board