Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-06-2014, 01:45 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default Spirit Run - Fire vs Ice (new free platforming game)

Hi everyone,

I work as marketing manager for Lunagames, a small developer/publisher of mobile games and today we have launched Spirit Run - Fire vs Ice for iOS and Android. We would love to hear what you think.

It is a simple, yet very addictive endless 8-bit platformer.

* Download Spirit Run - Fire vs Ice for free: [URL="http://app.lk/BNF"]http://app.lk/BNF[/URL]
* View Trailer: [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONJv9WoJ7Qw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONJv9WoJ7Qw[/URL]

About Spirit Run: Fire vs Ice
Get ready for the run of a lifetime. In this endless platformer you play an elemental spirit that has the ability to change form. Spirit Run: Fire vs Ice is inspired by platforming games such as Canabalt and the classic shoot ‘em up Ikaruga.

Jump, slide and transform to reach new heights. Use your spirit powers to change between ice and fire form. Match the elements to dash through fire and water hazards. The goal is to get as far as possible, while collecting elemental orbs to multiply your score. Numerous obstacles need to be overcome if you want to compete with the best on the leaderboards.

Spirit Run: Fire vs Ice features beautiful pixel art and 8-bit retro soundtrack that takes you back to the golden age of videogames.

Features:
* Endless platforming fun
* Beautiful retro-style graphics
* Transform to escape traps
* Leaderboards
* Handy tutorial level
* Completely free to play - no in-apps

If you have any questions or remarks please don't hesitate to contact us at [URL="pr@lunagames.com"]pr@lunagames.com[/URL]

Many thanks for your interest!
Old 05-06-2014, 03:35 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

As soon as the menu screen comes up, the game crashes for me. Looks great though!
Old 05-06-2014, 03:40 PM

Trying now, you should post this to the main forums
Old 05-07-2014, 01:18 AM

woah this is actually really fun jump, slide, transform between ice and fire elements

it's simple but to get highscore you want to get all the collectables to maintain your multiply and that become hard very quickly, I also love the art style, never see this type of art before, definitely will keep this on my iPad for awhile, will try to get a highscore on this game seem like fun
Old 05-07-2014, 03:27 AM
iPhone 3G

I deleted it pretty quickly, because the advertisements completely interrupts the one-more-try process.

Art: I enjoyed it as well. I tend to like games with bit design, and this game has very vibrant colors, giving it a nice atmosphere.

Mechanics: Pretty solid, but I feel the jumping is a bit floaty. Too many times I messed up the upcoming obstacle, because my character took longer than expected to land. Not an actual problem, just a preference.

Controls: If there was a possibility to customize button placement, it would be a big improvement to the game.

Concept: Simple and enjoyable innovation to make the game stand out in a market full of clones.

Good luck

Last edited by xzamplezz; 05-07-2014 at 07:17 AM..
Old 05-07-2014, 03:37 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Looks really nice and I will soon post a review, but I fear those ads and I really hope there is a IAP to get rid of the ads as I cannot stand F2P games
Old 05-07-2014, 08:29 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

many thanks for the feedback

- The adds shouldn't be in a run (only in between runs) - so we are looking in to that
- I will also check if a disable adds button can be fixed in with the next update.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:30 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

hey Smegly, what kind of device are you using?

Many thanks!

Rick
Old 05-07-2014, 03:12 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick van Beem View Post
hey Smegly, what kind of device are you using?

Many thanks!

Rick
I'm using a 4S.

EDIT: Figured out I CAN run the game in Airplane mode, so maybe it's the ad program or something like that that's crashing the game.

Last edited by smegly; 05-07-2014 at 08:29 PM..
Old 05-20-2014, 12:05 AM

The more I play this game, the more I love the control, this have easily become my Runner's Game of the Month, I feel like more people should give this game a try. Currently, ranked 7 on the leaderboard and still playing. With how the highscore multiplier work, I just find myself playing non-stop to get as the multiplier to go as high as possible. Super addicting.

5/5