★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: StarSmasher rant

09-06-2008, 07:14 AM
StarSmasher rant

It is probably pointless to rant to you guys, because its like preaching to the choir, but I need to blow off some steam:

I am so tired of people thinking that StarSmasher is TouchFighter. For the record: I had already completed about 80% of SS's game engine when I found out about TF. I really wish Apple had made TF something like a tank on a desert shooting other tanks, but I guess they wanted to show off the full 3D accelerometer based controls.

Look, TouchFighter is just a turret game, your "ship" never moves, it only rotates. Watch the videos carefully and you'll see what I mean. Aside from both of them being set in space, TF and SS really don't have much in common.

Anyway, I was riled by some of my commenters in iTunes who, rather than purchasing and reviewing the game, dismiss it as TF and rate it poorly even though they haven't played it, or TF.
09-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Yep that's the internet for you, Apple should definitely overhaul their review system. You shouldn't be able to review an app unless you bought it. They're earning 1.5 million dollars a day on this thing.
09-08-2008, 04:30 PM
that sucks dude. I'll make it a point to put in a good word for you in the app store