Old 05-07-2014, 11:31 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Default Swipecart - (by Mike Hendry)

Quote:
The game is out at NZ
Size of the game is 24.2 MB
The game costs $2.59 or equivalent with $1.99
Game Center Support, No IAP

Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Description
Swipecart is the sport of extreme mine cart racing!

-Use your finger to guide your cart to the exit of each track while avoiding obstacles and collecting gems
-Compete with others around the world for the fastest times in the Global Swipecart League
-Gain fans and gold to purchase and collect sets of cosmetic gear for your avatar
-Race across 3 mountains with their own environments and hazards
-Create your own tracks and upload/share them with the world

Please cart responsibly.
iPhone Screenshots

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 05-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Yes, been waiting for this! You can play the browser demo here, but it's obvious that this was meant for touch controls

Also releasing on Steam
Old 05-07-2014, 12:02 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Wow, another fun one, good find.

Last edited by Chaos_u; 05-08-2014 at 03:57 AM..
Old 05-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Played the first 10 levels. Control-wise and mechanics-wise, SwipeCart is simple. You only need one finger; each level consists of two part: swiping to gather speed and then holding the screen to brake and control you momentum and then stopping at the marked finish.

That last part is where SwipeCart reveals its challenging tricky nature, especially as new elements like multi-tiered tracks and seesaws are introduced. How much speed do you need to gather? When should you stop slowing to not overshoot a gap? Will you be going fast enough to make a jump? Will you be able to brake enough to stop at the exit?

The controls themselves are simple, but the levels is where the variety and challenge comes from. The humorous "track facts" and the hats and cart accessories you can buy add charm. Collecting gems and other collectibles and improving your times adds replay value. A track editor allows you to create and share your own levels
Old 05-07-2014, 09:35 PM

This looks really neat! Lots of pixel art
Old 05-08-2014, 12:54 AM

I have enjoyed the beta versions of this game for browsers and Windows but I am having a hard time with the swipe controls. It feels inconsistent and unwieldy to make the mine cart accelerate. I am playing it on an iPad Mini 2 and it requires some really wild swiping to produce enough speed. I have tried with my finger and stylus and I am unable to get a good feel for it. Some sort of sensitivity adjustment or alternate control method would make it so much more enjoyable.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:30 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Just stuck on my phone and it's not optimised for the widescreen. Haven't had that happen for a while. Also, wasn't too sure of the swipe at first so my kart was too slow to reach the exit and I couldn't find a way to exit the game. I'll stick on my iPad and try again later as I still like the look of it.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:50 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Swipecart developer here;

I appreciate any feedback about the controls as well as any issues with display that I can correct. Unfortunately Apple has made huge changes with the IDFA and uploading binaries so I have been unable to get an update out yet, but should have one within the next week or so.

I'd be willing to tweak the controls a bit if I knew exactly felt inconsistent about them. I have tested dozens of hours across touch screens and am quite confident in them. The speed at which you swipe your finger directly impacts the cart's acceleration, so it should take no more than a few tries to get a feel for how fast to accelerate.

Also can anyone experiencing a widescreen issue on their phone please explain the issue? I've tested it across a few devices, but in particular, which model/os are you running and what is the issue exactly.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:20 AM

I am finding that only wide sweeps across the screen are creating any proper acceleration but the tempo required to create it is inconsistent. With there being plenty of elements amongst the tracks to provide a challenge it feels unnecessary to have the initial acceleration phase feel this way. The fun part being traversing these tracks rather than spending the majority of my time trying to get the mine cart to take off.

I feel silly not being able to pinpoint what my issue is with it when it is something simple such as this. The only change I could suggest is to increase the sensitivity of swipe so that so many swipes is not required.

Thank you for your time.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:46 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Swipecart is now on sale for 50% off on mobile until the end of June. Grab it now for $0.99! Anyone who has already purchased it at full price can PM me for a copy of the game on Steam, in celebration of their 2014 Summer Sale.

There has been one patch since release that has hopefully fixed some display issues across various devices.

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/swipecart/id862967048?mt=8

Please cart responsibly!