★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Todd Perkins
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 34.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Another zany installment in the acclaimed "with Heads" games series, Karate with Heads is an action game in the extremely difficult style of games from the 1980's. Protect your dojo from evil ninjas and samurais!

Features:
- Retro style on-screen platformer controls!
- Extremely difficult!
- Fast paced, addictive gameplay!
- Hundreds of heads to collect!

Note: This game contains in-app purchases to optionally speed up your progress, but all in-game items can be unlocked without spending real money.

trockr's comments:
Hi, I'm Todd Perkins, mostly known for being a Lynda.com instructor. I'm also a game developer, and this is my team's latest creation, Karate with Heads. It initially started out as a tribute to the NES classic Kung Fu, but the final version of the game mostly just brings Kung Fu to mind rather than feeling like a clone. Here are some of the game's features:

- Finely tuned NES controller style touch controls (I shot for a League of Evil type feel)
- Hundreds of unlockable characters, some with special powers
- Satisfying beat 'em up gameplay
- Free to play, and all in-app purchases are optional to speed up character unlocks, which are cosmetic anyway so it's not pay to win

Get it here, and if you write a review and mention you saw this on Touch Arcade it'll make me happy- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/karate-heads-retro-kung-fu/id833857519?ls=1&mt=8.